USB Arcade Stick Micro-Disconnect Mid-Game

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
SuperRAD

USB Arcade Stick Micro-Disconnect Mid-Game

Unread post by SuperRAD »

Odd issue but I'm playing Vampire Savior on the mister, and I have two arcade sticks plugged in. Every so often during gameplay the OSD input display shows up suggesting the controller disconnected and reconnected right away. I thought it was a power issue but I have tried with an upgraded power supply and still have the issue.

I have the Antonio Villeno board and am curious if anyone else has experienced a similar issue. I see it most on big sticks that need to be in PS3 mode for some reason.

Sometimes it even holds an input and causes the character to continue moving a specific direction as if the button is held down.

It's also inconsistent. I went 40 minutes with no issues and then it finally started to happen again. Device doesn't seem to be getting hot.

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Re: USB Arcade Stick Micro-Disconnect Mid-Game

Unread post by Chris23235 »

Have you tried if this also happen with only one controller? It could be a faulty USB cable or something with the USB Hub you use. Hard to tell. I guess the only way to find out is to try one component after the other as the source of the problem.

SuperRAD

Never had this issue with normal usb controllers over a long period of time. The hub is attached to the analogue board by Antonio and seems fine otherwise. It's definitely hard to pinpoint.

mike911

Unread post by mike911 »

If you only have the issue on one controller, then most certainly it is the controller itself.

SuperRAD

I might not have been perfectly clear. I have had this issue happen on a few different fight sticks. Usually it's high-power draw ones that need to be in PS3 mode over PS4 mode for whatever reason. That's why I thought it was a power issue at first, but I have the upgraded power supply and it doesn't happen all the time.

mike911

Unread post by mike911 »

Could you explain what is the OSD input display you mentioned? Do you have missing inputs to be sure the joystick has lost connection?

SuperRAD

So you know when you plug in a controller it will show you the possible inputs and what buttons are assigned to them? It's a setting you can turn on and off in the config. I believe it pops up because the controller briefly disconnects and reconnects.