Problematic Game Typed From a Program Listing

emuola

Problematic Game Typed From a Program Listing

Unread post by emuola »

I'm trying to run this game typed from the legendary Finnish MikroBitti magazine. It works with a real VIC-20 of the fellow who had typed it and kindly sent me the files, but with the latest VIC-20 core my IPS Dell loses sync and says it cannot display the image. Other VIC-20 games I've tested work just fine. How could I get this working? What could cause the problem?

The game actually starts and I can get to the menu but pressing F1 to start the game apparently changes the display mode or something like that and Dell loses sync 🤔

The prg-file is attached, if someone wants to try it out (it's in Finnish, though).

Attachments
silverstone_nc513test0kB_0x1001.zip
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
kathleen
Top Contributor

Re: Problematic Game Typed From a Program Listing

Unread post by kathleen »

@emuola,

Just tried your game and it works on my side.

I'm using the core VIC20 from the 31th march of 2023 on a VGA LCD monitor, I can enter to the game and control the player between the cars with the (Z) and (/) keys.

Just noticed that I had to set [Screen center] option to [None] otherwise the screen is flickering

かすりん

emuola

Unread post by emuola »

kathleen wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:16 pm

@emuola,

Just tried your game and it works on my side.

I'm using the core VIC20 from the 31th march of 2023 on a VGA LCD monitor, I can enter to the game and control the player between the cars with the (Z) and (/) keys.

Just noticed that I had to set [Screen center] option to [None] otherwise the screen is flickering

Thank you so much, it was the screen centering that messed it up 🙂 Now it works perfectly 👍

kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

Glad it works now on your side too :-)

かすりん