well I'm at a complete loss with my two white 8bitdo M30 2.4g USB controllers...(unresponsive d-pad in main menu setup)

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Dr Johnny Bananas

well I'm at a complete loss with my two white 8bitdo M30 2.4g USB controllers...(unresponsive d-pad in main menu setup)

Unread post by Dr Johnny Bananas »

my two white 8bitdo M30 2.4g USB dongle controllers which worked perfectly up until tonight are suddenly completely screwed up. In the main Mister menu, when I try to set them up, two maybe 3 of the d-pad inputs aren't reading. Both controllers exhibit the exact same behavior. The one thing I did differently tonight was I held up and select to try to make sure they were in x input mode.

Some things I tried to fix the issue:

I tried all thee input modes on both controllers (up+select, left+select, right+select), didn't help.
I re-installed both controllers firmware, nothing.
I connected both controllers to my windows PC, both worked perfectly, all inputs registered.
I tried connecting both to the mister alone, with no other controllers connected, both with the 2.4g dongle and wired, same behavior.
I connected just one controller at a time to various USB ports in the mister, no change.

All of my other controllers, 8bitdo SN30, Neo Geo CD, and TG16 all work flawlessly. I don't understand why the controller set up screen in the mister menu doesn't register the presses on three of the d-pad directions for just these two controllers all of a sudden. Is there any way to make the mister completely forget these two controllers and start fresh with them? again, all other controllers work 100%.

Thanks!

Dr Johnny Bananas

Re: well I'm at a complete loss with my two white 8bitdo M30 2.4g USB controllers...(unresponsive d-pad in main menu setup)

Small update: I bought a brand new M30 on Amazon and Mister exhibits the same behavior, on the main options set up game pad screen, it recognizes d-pad down and right. the problem is definitely on he mister side, can anyone help? I can't believe this is the first time anyone's encountered this.

Thank you very much.

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: well I'm at a complete loss with my two white 8bitdo M30 2.4g USB controllers...(unresponsive d-pad in main menu setup)

Unread post by FPGA64 »

M30 2.4 g and no issues at all. Maps perfectly

Shogun

Unread post by Shogun »

I have an M30 2.4g as well although I'm using it wired and it works fine. I have had issues with it in the past where it wouldn't work on the PC. It has multiple modes (I think you mentioned some) and that is usually the culprit. It has modes for if the dpad is analog stick or dpad modes. It also has 3 input modes like xinput and direct input, etc. The problem is these hotkeys aren't detailed in the manual and I had to rely on forums to switch them as they are different between the bluetooth and 2.4g models.

Dr Johnny Bananas

Re: well I'm at a complete loss with my two white 8bitdo M30 2.4g USB controllers...(unresponsive d-pad in main menu set

So, I don't know if this qualifies as being an idiot (probably), but I seem to have it sorted. When I enter controller set up in the main mister menu, I was pressing space to skip the first few steps because I thought they were about the analog stick. The first step however, is called 'd-pad test' and apparently it's very important because after I pressed the dpad during that step, everthing started working fine.

Thanks All!

Missus

Re: well I'm at a complete loss with my two white 8bitdo M30 2.4g USB controllers...(unresponsive d-pad in main menu set

Unread post by Missus »

Hey, you said it not us lol