Analogue Duo?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
seastalker

Analogue Duo?

Unread post by seastalker »

I was a VERY early buyer on day 1 of the Analogue Duo. I have an email (like previous products of theirs) that I need to correct a shipping address or forever hold my peace. I have reason to think it will possibly ship tomorrow, but hence my wonder...

How is it that I may get mine at the same time or before youtubers like MLIG, RetroRGB and others? Shouldn't there be review units out there now? Is there a known review embargo date for review units or is the fact that pre-orders NEVER sold out this year a sign that this product of theirs kind of mirrors the confusion and low sales of the Turbografx-16 over 30 years ago?

I JUST searched for the Duo and it seems no one has posted a video on it...

AngelicLiver

Re: Analogue Duo?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

You can guarantee Analogue have placed a tight review embargo on the Duo. I doubt it's a secrecy thing, Analogue probably just want to amplify the message by having all the reviews release simultaneously, bombarding everyone with Duo content to attract further orders. Who knows how much stock they have waiting in the wings either. 🤷‍♂️

[Edit]

dshadoff
Core Developer

Unread post by dshadoff »

There must have been an embargo; in the past 30 minutes or so, reviews have popped up from: Jeremy Parish, Metal Jesus Rocks, Game Sack, and I'm sure there are more to come.

seastalker

After watching, I don't think I will need to open mine until at least the next firmware. I have very little Japanese and USA Hucards, and my OG Everdrive won't work with it. Hopefully a jailbreak will be soon. Even the Pocket still gives me audio sync issues. I'll play on Mister for now.

Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

seastalker wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:17 pm

After watching, I don't think I will need to open mine until at least the next firmware. I have very little Japanese and USA Hucards, and my OG Everdrive won't work with it. Hopefully a jailbreak will be soon. Even the Pocket still gives me audio sync issues. I'll play on Mister for now.

I'm assuming you have the Everdrive with the riveted cover on it?
I have the original, which didn't come with any cover whatsoever so it supposedly works.

seastalker

I'll have to double check to see if I have the riveted version. I take it the TEDPro version works? I may have to go for the upgrade so I can use it on my PC Engine and TG16, and maybe the Duo and Pocket.

Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

Well, after seeing a few more reviews, it looks like the original everdrives don't work at all...not just a "doesn't fit" issue and all reviewers that said the everdrive worked were using the Pro version.
I have a v1.1 and I know it works with my original TG16 and with my Turbo Duo, so if it doesn't currently work with the Analogue, maybe a future firmware may straighten things out.
In the mean time I have plenty of Hucards and Disks to try out.

Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

TED Pro and 2.0 both work, from what I've seen. You can fit the Pro without removing the cover if you only remove the front screws.
And yes, it works with CD games too after enabling the right options in the Duo menu

liuszuping

Unread post by liuszuping »

The latest firmware can now had disable cdrom option, which may allow you to use Turob Everydrive Pro without any hindrance...