XT/Tandy Archives, HDD Images, Compilations, Top 300, Play It By Year, etc.

Bas
Top Contributor

Re: XT/Tandy Archives, HDD Images, Compilations, Top 300, Play It By Year, etc.

Unread post by Bas »

If there's enough interest, I'd happily adjust the VHD-files I'm making for AO486 so that they can run on PCXT as well. I never had a Tandy so I may need some help getting a test environment up for that.

akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

For images under 2GB I don't think any adjustments are needed - I tested mine on both and they seem to work ok.

southoz

Unread post by southoz »

Bas wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:18 pm

If there's enough interest, I'd happily adjust the VHD-files I'm making for AO486 so that they can run on PCXT as well. I never had a Tandy so I may need some help getting a test environment up for that.

It doesn't matter if there is a lot of interest or not; just do it for yourself, as there are some pretty unique characteristics with the Tandy that make it fun to play with. Having 16 colours without an EGA Card is awesome, but I would recommend you read the core wiki on Git Hub. One key core-specific issue is memory management and in Tandy mode make sure that EMS is disabled as the included core memory manager was overwriting conventional memory under the Tandy BIOS. Feel free to pull apart the TDL build I did and use the autoexec and config.sys as a starting point, CheckIT is included in the UTILS so you can verify changes to memory management.