Aminimiga for MiSTer

Eisengrim

Aminimiga for MiSTer

Unread post by Eisengrim »

Is there anywhere to get a previous release of Aminimiga for MiSTer? The official download page has removed the links in favor of a 'coming soon' message for the next version.

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Re: Aminimiga for MiSTer

Unread post by Chris23235 »

Eisengrim wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:14 pm

Is there anywhere to get a previous release of Aminimiga for MiSTer? The official download page has removed the links in favor of a 'coming soon' message for the next version.

Here you go:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230530135 ... downloads/

Eisengrim

Thanks again everyone. I got the v204 version running. Is there some trick for keeping the screen where I want it? MiSTer is set to PAL, Amiga ScreenMode is set to PAL:High Res. The top of the Workbench is off the screen; I can pull menus down but can't see the menu text itself. In OSD I can go to Audio & Video and "Adjust Screen Position" to nudge the screen within my monitor's boundaries. Hit OSD again and choose "FInish screen adjustment". I get the message "Stored" and it just bounces back to its original problematic display.

Eisengrim

For anyone reading this later, I've solved this for now by switching ScreenMode from PAL to Mister 640x480x16. This seems to be the only setting that has the screen elements fit the screen without going over and without becoming too small.

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Does AmigaVision show the same issue?

Eisengrim

limi wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:20 pm

Does AmigaVision show the same issue?

No, when I ESC to Workbench in AmigaVision the WB fits the screen fine. The settings there are MiSTer config is set to PAL, and the Amiga Prefs/ScreenMode are set to NTSC: High Res.

Interestingly, this configuration (PAL and NTSC: High Res) works pretty well for Aminimiga. I had to set the Workbench to not be backdrop for a bit to find all the icons that are supposed to be there and move them so they're accessible, but so far this is working better than PAL and PAL or NTSC and NTSC configurations. Thanks!

flavio

Unread post by flavio »

There will be a new Aminimiga version for MiSTer coming out soon and should include RTG modes. Just check https://www.aminimiga.com/ and the Aminimiga discord channel from time to time. While I enjoy AmigaVision, I really like Aminimiga because it brings a number of productivity applications too, on top of the myriads of games and demos.

Lightwave

Unread post by Lightwave »

flavio wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:04 pm

There will be a new Aminimiga version for MiSTer coming out soon and should include RTG modes. Just check https://www.aminimiga.com/ and the Aminimiga discord channel from time to time. While I enjoy AmigaVision, I really like Aminimiga because it brings a number of productivity applications too, on top of the myriads of games and demos.

In case you weren’t aware, AmigaVision comes with many productivity applications as well (Paint/Animation, 3D rendering, Multimedia, Coding, Trackers, MIDI sequencing, Utilities, etc.)

Just hit Esc to drop to Workbench, and check the file drawers.

flavio

Unread post by flavio »

Yes, indeed it does. It just may not have what I generally use out of the box. I could also install them myself, but it's nice to have a distribution that just brings them built in. I also like to just click on Miami Dx in Aminimiga and browse the internet like I was back in 1994 all over again. Both are great distributions, but I prefer Aminimiga myself. Besides, having the same distribution on my A500 mini and my MiSTer is kinda nice sometimes :)