Certain C64 Games are Having Problems Loading

norbobsleigh

Certain C64 Games are Having Problems Loading

Unread post by norbobsleigh »

Hello, after completing some school education a long time ago. Loaded Spellicopter without any problems, however Designasaurus only showed white garbage icons before crashing. After Sticky Bear performs his juggling animation on the title screen, Sticky Bear Math never loads with d64 format. So, any suggestions? I experimented with Speedy Dos and Dolphin. identical outcomes for both. :roll:

lagerfeldt

Re: Certain C64 Games are Having Problems Loading

Unread post by lagerfeldt »

Patron of MiSTer + theypsilon + Jotego Team + Coin-Op Collection + Pierco + Nullobject

MiSTer RePlay website

Ultimate SID Collection website

kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

I missed this website https://misterreplay.com/
Very interesting, thank you @lagerfeldt !

かすりん

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

norbobsleigh wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:53 am

Hello, after completing some school education a long time ago. Loaded Spellicopter without any problems, however Designasaurus only showed white garbage icons before crashing. After Sticky Bear performs his juggling animation on the title screen, Sticky Bear Math never loads with d64 format. So, any suggestions? I experimented with Speedy Dos and Dolphin. identical outcomes for both. :roll:

Which version of the game did you try to load? In general all games should run on the C64. There may be versions out there that were made after the C64 days mainly for emulators. It is possible these games will do things not working on a real C64. Try different versions of the game and if unsure try to fall back to a stock C64 (no Dolphin DOS) because on the real machine speed loaders like Dolphin often interferred with games bringing their own speed loading routine.

Stinky

Unread post by Stinky »

I reported a reproducible issue loading since the last release, which consistently work in the earlier release. If you have some examples it might be worth reporting them in github.