Multiple Consecutive Key Search for Cores and Images

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
yellperil

Multiple Consecutive Key Search for Cores and Images

Unread post by yellperil »

Hi Sorgelig,

I can't remember if this was mentioned before or if it has been implemented or dismissed.
It would be nice to have more than one key press to search through the Cores and Images, Even if it was only the first two letters.
For instance in a directory full of A***** files you can only get the first file.
It'd be really convenient to look for AB**** then scroll. Maybe with a short time limit between A and B key presses.

Cheers,
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Consecutive Key Search for Cores and Images.

Unread post by Sorgelig »

It will give you ambiguity. What if you want to jump to A*** then B*** instead of AB***?
yellperil

Unread post by yellperil »

Depends on how it's used and implemented.
I envision if you go to A then B you are just browsing and not hitting the keys so quickly.
If you have 50+ A***** images in a directory it'll make a big difference getting to where you want to go.
If you make it so that you have to hit two keys very quickly like when you type a name and it looks for AB*****
If you wait longer make it just reset to be the first search character for example
AB in less than 1/4 a sec ( as an example might be shorter ) go to AB******. Treat it as one search and go to AB*******
A then B with more than 1/4 of a sec in between. Treat it as a search to A*****. then a Search to B*****.
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Unread post by Sorgelig »

i will think about it.
I'm sure 99% of MiSTer users don't even aware you can press the letter to jump :)