MiSTer Extensions

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
chimaera

Re: MiSTer Extensions

Unread post by chimaera »

I use arbitrary labels on my ini and it works without problem.

Some tags are writable only one time, and further writes Will corrupt the data (213 i Think, the one used for amiibos).

Try running nfc.sh and Scan the tag to see what error it throws.

Djiem

Unread post by Djiem »

To answer your questions:

I'm using arbitrary names for the ini files, the tags I'm using are confirmed re-writable, and I can't seem to scan tags with the nfc.sh. When I run the script, it goes to a black screen with some text and before I have time to read anything it immediately goes to a different screen where I'm told to press any key to continue, which sends me back to the OSD (on my MiSTer).

With that said, just now, I was able to switch ini files with NFC tags successfully, just not the same tags.

You see, I have a big-ass roll of NTag 213 stickers that I just received, and I had 4 NFC plastic cards that came with the reader I bought. They're all re-writable, I tested it multiple times and it all worked. The cards could load games without issues, but for some reason they would not allow me to switch ini files. However, the little NTag 213 stickers I just received let me do everything (load games, switch ini files). So I was able to switch ini files with the little NTag 213 stickers in the end, using the very same text record that didn't work on the NFC cards, no change in syntax or anything. The issue seems to be the 4 card themselves.

ByteMavericks

Unread post by ByteMavericks »

Many thanks for all of these - they're exceptionally cool!
I took a plunge and ordered an ACR122 from Aliexpress, an ACR122U-A9 and... it doesn't work with Mister. Works perfectly on my laptop with nfc tools, but fails on MisterFPGA:

• opens connection to ACS / ACR122U PICC interface acr122_usb:001:009 (I've tried on a powered USB hub, too)
  • polling for 20 times with 300ms delay
  • ERR error during poll: input/output error
  • ERR fatal IO error, device was unplugged, exiting...

DMESG shows nothing around IO error though?

Is there a way to build the tools to debug this natively on Mister, or is the subsystem too limited?

HerrBerzerk

Unread post by HerrBerzerk »

The "Recently played" script is not working with arcade games for me. Is that how it is supposed to be?

meauxdal

Unread post by meauxdal »

Lightwave wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:44 am
Djiem wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:49 am

It only gives me an error beep when I try to change ini files.

Are your ini files named using the original convention (MiSTer.ini, MiSTer_alt_1.ini, MiSTer_alt_2.ini, etc.)?

Or are you using the newer naming that allows arbitrary labels (MiSTer_CRT.ini, MiSTer_HDMI.ini, etc.)?

Off-topic, but could you please help me find information about this? I couldn't find any documentation about the ability to use arbitrary .ini names or how this works.

Lightwave

Unread post by Lightwave »

meauxdal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:46 pm
Lightwave wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:44 am
Djiem wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:49 am

It only gives me an error beep when I try to change ini files.

Are your ini files named using the original convention (MiSTer.ini, MiSTer_alt_1.ini, MiSTer_alt_2.ini, etc.)?

Or are you using the newer naming that allows arbitrary labels (MiSTer_CRT.ini, MiSTer_HDMI.ini, etc.)?

Off-topic, but could you please help me find information about this? I couldn't find any documentation about the ability to use arbitrary .ini names or how this works.

Sure; it appears that the official MiSTer wiki hasn’t been updated with this info yet, but this post explains the new customizable .ini name formatting:

https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=72465#p72465