Connecting Retro Fighters Defender (Bluetooth)

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Magge

Connecting Retro Fighters Defender (Bluetooth)

Unread post by Magge »

Hey everyone,

I recently got a Bluetooth edition Defender by retro fighters since I'm getting massive lag with original Dualshock 4 controllers.

But I just can't manage to connect the defender, since it does not seem to have manual pairing. Instructions only seem to focus on connecting to the original consoles via USB. Connecting via USB to mister does not seem to work for me as well.

Does anyone have any experience and insight connecting this controller to mister? Worst case I might have to return it.

Thanks for any info 😊

bozocyborg

Re: Connecting Retro Fighters Defender (Bluetooth)

Unread post by bozocyborg »

I don't have a solution, but I am here to report that I cannot seem to get the Retro Fighters Hunter (OG Xbox) controller working on MiSTer. I've tried plugging it in via USB-C as well as the included dongle which reports PC and Switch compatibility (Xinput and Dinput).

Has anyone gotten the Hunter working over 2.4GHz?

Antoine.WG

Re: Connecting Retro Fighters Defender (Bluetooth)

Unread post by Antoine.WG »

If it's like the Brawler 64 Bluetooth, unplug the USB cable and turn it off and hold the sync button on the back and A to change it to X-Input mode, then it should pair with your MiSTer by Bluetooth.