Vectrex Core

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: Vectrex Core

Unread post by FPGA64 »

I played the original alot to in the arcades. It was one of the first arcade games I got good at

werpu

Unread post by werpu »

Yes sorry, it was misleading asteroids was huge back in the day...

rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

werpu wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:56 pm

Agreed, improved fidelity for vector games would be really nice, not that a ton of games would benefit from it, but a few classics, and yes asteroids is a prime example where really almost know one has seen the original (I was quite lucky last year to revisit the game in its original state again)

I guess it depends on where you're from - the barcade about 10 minutes down the road from me has two.

mong00se

Unread post by mong00se »

I am very interested in the old vectrex screens. You cannot play vectrex on a crt. They did a good job on porting some vectrex games to the c64. You should check them out. Fortrez of narzod is one of my favorites. If there is one thing you should do in you life it is play this game on a c64 or on a mister on a crt. Promise me that.

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=77706

Ruleset

Unread post by Ruleset »

djsquare wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:11 am
MiSTer_Kirk wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:51 pm

Not trying to stir anything, but forget Mister, or even emulation for Vectrex, and just get a REAL one, you'll not regret it.
Nothing looks like a real Vectrex running, not Mister, not Retroarch, not shaders, nothing. Vectors look the best on a Vector Monitor, not on some modern display.

you are 100% correct but these days they don't come cheap. You can still have fun with this core just like you can still have fun with the Asteroids core but yeah...you simply can not replace a vector monitor.

You know...there has to be a way to connect a MiSTer to an old school real actual black/white vector monitor. 1st dude who does it gets bragging rights!

I posted some info about connecting the MiSTer to an oscilloscope here:
viewtopic.php?t=7852

werpu

Unread post by werpu »

Jepp saw that, amazing stuff!