Any Way to Remove Games From MegaAGS?

mbstone

Any Way to Remove Games From MegaAGS?

Unread post by mbstone »

Just as the title says. I have a few kids who are playing from the MegaAGS (Thank you!) and I'd rather they didn't run across games like the LSL games.

Thanks in advance.

bazza_12
Top Contributor

Re: Any Way to Remove Games From MegaAGS?

Unread post by bazza_12 »

i guess you could quit to workbench, find the files in whd load directories and delete them, they'll appear in the menu but won't load in.. (not sure if it will bring up an error thou) i'd back it up before trying it.

The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Boot into Workbench, start Directory Opus, go to the AGS2 folder and delete any entry you don’t want.

mbstone

Unread post by mbstone »

Thank you. I have no idea what Workbench of Directory Opus is. I'll do some googling and find out. Thank you!

Optiroc

Unread post by Optiroc »

The launcher implements a simple directory cache, so for any list you change you will also need to remove the “.dir” file.

There’s also the matter of that each game is accessible from many places, including the “I’m feeling lucky” function…

zorrobandito

Unread post by zorrobandito »

Is it also possible to customise the launcher's menu options? Could you just trim it to a handful of games, for example?

limi
Top Contributor

Re: Any Way to Remove Games From AmigaVision?

Unread post by limi »

That’s what the Favorites feature is for.

https://amiga.vision/docs#can-i-make-a- ... -few-games

zorrobandito

Unread post by zorrobandito »

Of course! However, that still takes up a lot of space for only a few games. I'm looking for a minimal install of just my favourites. It's a small capacity MISTer and I'm using arcade cabinet controls, so minimising menu traversal would be good.

I guess I want an install/uninstall option. There are probably 20 Amiga games that would be great on a cabinet.

BTW I should have said thank you earlier. This is a brilliant interface to a fantastic collection. The work involved in building the configs is colossal.

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Install/uninstall wouldn’t do anything useful on the size front, as the HD image would stay the same size.

But if you really want to make your own, small image — you’re in luck! That’s what the actual AmigaVision project is:

https://github.com/amigavision/AmigaVision

You’d have to learn how to set it up, get the Python toolchain running, etc. It auto-scales the HDF to how many games you add. So you could definitely make an image with 30 games, but it’s probably not worth it to save a few GB. Cheaper (compared to your time) to buy a larger SD card and just use any pre-made image you can find, if that’s the issue 😄

minimising menu traversal would be good.

The AGS: directory is just a bunch of files. You can rearrange this to e.g. put your top 30 games on the top level. You’d have to do this every time when you upgrade, though — which is why we recommend using the Favorites functionality, which survives upgrades.

An “Always start with Favorites” option could be a solution, will take a look the next time we do some upgrades to the launcher.