MiSTer Firmware Update No Video Output

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
shakex

MiSTer Firmware Update No Video Output

Unread post by shakex »

Hi Everyone,

I need help in troubleshooting an issue I always run into. I manually replaced my MiSTer firmware from MiSTer_20200701 to MiSTer_20200821. I'm also running at the current menu core at menu_20200618. After rebooting, I don't get any video output. I can't figure out what is causing this. Is there some additional file that I should be deleting if I delete and change my MiSTer firmware to a newer one? Thanks in advance.
KnC

Re: MiSTer Firmware Update No Video Output

Unread post by KnC »

it is normally one of two things

1 you are using ftp to transfer to the sd in the mister if so set transfers to binary on the ftp app you use

2 you are not downloading the file from the git and instead are downloading a web page check the size of the download to make sure its more then a few k the mister file should be just under 600kb
shakex

Unread post by shakex »

KnC wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:26 pm it is normally one of two things

1 you are using ftp to transfer to the sd in the mister if so set transfers to binary on the ftp app you use

2 you are not downloading the file from the git and instead are downloading a web page check the size of the download to make sure its more then a few k the mister file should be just under 600kb
Thank you for the reply. I do use FTP to transfer. So I will now take that out of the equation and just stick the sd card in my laptop.

I just completed my MiSTer firmware via sticking my sd card into my laptop and can confirm it's showing video when turned on. Thanks for the help!
kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

Thank you @KnC for the trick regarding the transfer mode. I was wondering why I have the same issue that shakex once I was transferring the main Mister file to the Mister with Filezilla while it works if I do the same with samba. Good catch thanks again.

かすりん