Are these 3 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers working with one single usb adapter?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
outatime

Are these 3 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers working with one single usb adapter?

Unread post by outatime »

Hello,

just quick and short, I purchased the Ultimate Mister Pro Digital Edition from Ricardo (ultimatemister.com) and now I want to buy the 8Bitdo controllers in the meantime, while the shipment is on the road. Im insecure and asking because they are advertised for use with the Classic Minis in the first place.

So i am after these 3 beauties here, the question is if they are all compatible with Mister and if so, can they be used with one single Brick USB Adapter? Not at the same time but one controller at the same time depending which core is in use (NES, SNES, Mega Drive, etc.)

- M30 Bluetooth

https://www.amazon.de/8BitDo-M30-Blueto ... B07MSN1NPC

- N30 NS Edition Bluetooth

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07L9Z33MH/

- SN30 Retro Set Bluetooth

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B075WRBK7Y/

If they are not compatible with Mister and the Brick USB Adapter, could you recommend one usb adapter that are compatible with these controllers?

As the 8Bitdo USB receivers only support one controller per receiver, is it better to use 2 of them for each controller or to get a third party usb receiver that supports 2 controllers at the same time without interruptions?

Many thanks in advance!
Attachments
8bitdo.jpg
8bitdo.jpg (242.04 KiB) Viewed 6075 times
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: 8Bitdo - Are these 3 controllers working with one usb adapter?

Unread post by Newsdee »

That's really a question for 8BitDo :)
The BT dongle works generically but not sure about 2.4ghz RF ones. Chances are it won't work since the controllers have internal differences.
outatime

Re: 8Bitdo - Are these 3 controllers working with one usb adapter?

Thank you, yes I contacted them in the meantime and they are not compatible. Maybe the Bluetooth version, but I read somewhere that 2.4 is more stable than Bluetooth, but not sure about that. Would only be 2m away from the device.

When the 2.4g controller are not compatible to one single adapter, does anybody know if these bluetooth controllers are working with the USB adapter?

- M30 Bluetooth
- N30 NS Bluetooth
- SN30 Blueooth Retro Set

Some say the SNS "Pro" controller does work fine, but I would use this one only when the others are not working as I want the controllers true to the original except the cable.
jdsilva

Re: Are these 3 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers working with one single usb adapter?

Unread post by jdsilva »

Hey outatime. I think your confusing 8bitdo's different products. The Bluetooth versions can connect to the MiSTer using any of the supported Bluetooth dongles. The 2.4GHz versions will only connect using the 2.4GHz adapter that comes in the box with the controller.

2.4Ghz is not the same thing as Bluetooth add far as 8bitdo is concerned.
grizzly

Re: Are these 3 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers working with one single usb adapter?

Unread post by grizzly »

Bluetooth is much worse then 2,4ghz, and not only because BT have higher latency but also because the latency can vary quite a bit.
https://www.retrorgb.com/krikzz-joyzz-v ... sting.html
outatime

Thank you all for your input. In the meantime 8Bitdo answered the question, which controller is the newer revision but im still not sure if 2.4 Ghz controllers are right for Mister as they are advertised exlusively for the Classic Minis. 8BitDo give no information for third party products like the mister

What I have in mind now (if it works) is the

8Bitdo SN30 Pro Bluetooth available only (G Classic Edition) for NES / SNES stuff

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07GKLG3ZP/

and the 8BitDo (M30 Bluetooth or 2.4GhZ) for SEGA MS / MD

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MSN1NPC/

This 8BitDo choice is so confusing, what is the right choice now?

I heard that 2.4 Ghz is better than bluetooth from some people but other say no. Is wired in the end the best for a mister? Hope not ; )
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Well to me 3,6ms (2,4ghz) vs 21ms (Bluetooth) is quite a difference.
And 1 frame is 16ms so Bluetooth will most of the time have 1 frame of lag.
BUT Bluetooth is also often all over the place and the 21ms in that test is the medium lag time there can be much higher (and also lower) lag times now and then.

Hell i have started using cable for my PS4 since i get 4-5sec+ lag spikes in some games (started the day i got the PS4 and seen it on many other PS4 too) very rarely though, and quite often lag spikes of around/under 1sec, and i rarely let the battery get under 50%.
So for me i will probably never use a Bluetooth controller again, maybe could work for chess but barely.

Some frames of lag you can get used to, its harder to get used to it in older games that is made for CRT that never would have lag on original equipment.
Never games xbox 360/ps3 and never is made with lag in thought since they more or less was made for flat tv´s with lag.

The BIG problem with lag is when the lag is NOT the same!
Think supermario for example you will probably learn it rather quick on which frame you need to jump for a hard jump.
If you add lag you can relearn/adjust and start jumping earlier its harder to adjust the more lag is added.
Then add variable lag then you will never learn when to jump simply because that exact frame you need to jump on change all the time = you die A LOT more.
outatime

I will order the SN30 Pro Bluetooth + Brick Adapter and the M30 2.4Ghz