OneLoad64 Games Collection v5 is here!

limi
Top Contributor

Re: OneLoad64 Games Collection v2 Now Released!

Unread post by limi »

This is fantastic! An integral part of the Commodore 64 experience are the loading tunes and title art. Now we can get those without the long loading times. 😄
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

Thank you! Indeed, we can preserve and enjoy these in a new way. :)
Alkadian
Top Contributor

Unread post by Alkadian »

Seriously I could watch those loading intros and enjoy the tunes for hours as I have got such a fond memoriers about my beloved c64. Every game I play, no matter how little the game session could be, and every single tune I listen to are a lovely journey back in the day and it makes me feel a happy boy again :mrgreen:
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

Same here! The SID music was such an important part of what made the C64 such an awesome machine. :mrgreen:
Alkadian
Top Contributor

I couldn't agree more with that! :mrgreen:
commander

Unread post by commander »

can't wait to get V3.0

Have fun,thanks for this great compilation and no hurry ;-)
JPS

Unread post by JPS »

Great project. Looking forward to V3.0.
Grumpy-Old-Gamer

Unread post by Grumpy-Old-Gamer »

Nice collection but single load games are limiting, some of best C64 games were multi-load

I quite like the more recent Easy Flash cartridge conversions for these titles
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

I quite agree. But of course it's difficult to deny that in a library the size of the C64's, there are many classic single-load games.

And MultiLoad64 is being discussed as a follow-up to OneLoad64 in the future. But for now we have the EasyFlash cartridges included in the Extras\OtherCRTs folder. ;)
Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Can't wait for Multiload64. Quick question, does One Load 64 include recently released games which are available for free? Thanks
iso70x

Unread post by iso70x »

Fantastic collection, really comprehensive set and great to see the loading screens preserved in this format. I've noticed at least one of the multiload CRTs doesn't appear to work on MiSTer (Beah Head II), but it loads fine on vice so guessing it's just incompatible with the C64 core in some way. Thanks for putting this together, very nice compilation. :)
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

Insert Disk Two wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:20 am Quick question, does One Load 64 include recently released games which are available for free? Thanks
Indeed, v3 will contain some new games which have become free such as L'abbye des Morts and Vegetables Deluxe. I'm also going to include a new version of Revenge of the Mutant Camels with fixed collision detection, which Jeff Minter released himself just a few days ago. For those interested, here's a sneak peek of that.

So essentially, we're always looking for ways to improve the existing inclusions as well as add new games. I'm planning for v3 to have 1.5k unique titles. :D
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

iso70x wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:17 am Fantastic collection, really comprehensive set and great to see the loading screens preserved in this format. I've noticed at least one of the multiload CRTs doesn't appear to work on MiSTer (Beach Head II), but it loads fine on vice so guessing it's just incompatible with the C64 core in some way. Thanks for putting this together, very nice compilation. :)
Glad you like it! And sure, sometimes certain games don't always work with every platform. Up until now I've only been testing the games in Vice and CCS64, but I now have a Kung Fu Flash and will testing with a my real breadbin which I am getting back from storage this weekend. The games included in the Extras\OtherCRTs folder are releases from other members of the community, but I'll certainly take a look at Beach Head II to see if there's something we can fix.
Alkadian
Top Contributor

StatMat wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm
Insert Disk Two wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:20 am Quick question, does One Load 64 include recently released games which are available for free? Thanks
Indeed, v3 will contain some new games which have become free such as L'abbye des Morts and Vegetables Deluxe. I'm also going to include a new version of Revenge of the Mutant Camels with fixed collision detection, which Jeff Minter released himself just a few days ago. For those interested, here's a sneak peek of that.

So essentially, we're always looking for ways to improve the existing inclusions as well as add new games. I'm planning for v3 to have 1.5k unique titles. :D
Awesome news :mrgreen:

I just cannot wait for it 8-)
Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

StatMat wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm

EPIC
moshkinstein

Unread post by moshkinstein »

Hi, Wonderful releases. Would you consider Green Beret and Yie are Kung-Fu CRT's with loading picture and music just like your rambo version?
Thanks
ShyTalk

Unread post by ShyTalk »

Hi,

Thanks for the hard work that’s gone into this. All works / looks great!

Although one thing I can’t figure out is the music on CRT files. When I load them I can see the Title Screen but there’s no music or similated loading bars. After 10 seconds of the title screen showing it then goes into the game as normal. I think i’ve just got a fairly standard set up going and everything else seems to work.

Does anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong to lose the music and loading bars?

Thanks,
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

moshkinstein wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:37 am Hi, Wonderful releases. Would you consider Green Beret and Yie are Kung-Fu CRT's with loading picture and music just like your rambo version?
Thanks
Thanks! And sure, the plan is to add loading music to all the games which had it, including all of the Ocean and Imagine titles.
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

ShyTalk wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:09 pm Hi,

Although one thing I can’t figure out is the music on CRT files. When I load them I can see the Title Screen but there’s no music or similated loading bars. After 10 seconds of the title screen showing it then goes into the game as normal. I think i’ve just got a fairly standard set up going and everything else seems to work.

Does anyone know what I could possibly be doing wrong to lose the music and loading bars?

Thanks,
No problem. Glad you like it. :)

The support for loading music and simulated raster bars is an upcoming feature in v3. So far, I've only released the Wizball and Rambo examples for people to try out.
ShyTalk

Unread post by ShyTalk »

StatMat wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:29 am
ShyTalk wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:09 pm Hi,

Thanks,
No problem. Glad you like it. :)

The support for loading music and simulated raster bars is an upcoming feature in v3. So far, I've only released the Wizball and Rambo examples for people to try out.
Oh, silly me. I’ve jumped the gun! Looking forward to version 3 then :lol:
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

Given there was some recent discussion about some new titles to be updated to have the loading music and simulated raster bars, I've put three more examples together. This time it's Green Beret, Operation Wolf, Parallax, Slap Fight, The Staff of Karnath and Yie Ar Kung Fu. Whilst Green Beret and Yie Ar Kung Fu didn't actually have loading bars, I've decided to use the FreeLoad colour scheme, as to me it seems fitting for these. Parallax and The Staff of Karnath uses the more traditional multi-colour turbo loader raster bars in keeping with the original loaders. You can grab the prototype builds of these here.

Enjoy! 8-)
Alkadian
Top Contributor

StatMat wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:38 pm Given there was some recent discussion about some new titles to be updated to have the loading music and simulated raster bars, I've put three more examples together. This time it's Green Beret, Operation Wolf, Parallax, Slap Fight, The Staff of Karnath and Yie Ar Kung Fu. Whilst Green Beret and Yie Ar Kung Fu didn't actually have loading bars, I've decided to use the FreeLoad colour scheme, as to me it seems fitting for these. Parallax and The Staff of Karnath uses the more traditional multi-colour turbo loader raster bars in keeping with the original loaders. You can grab the prototype builds of these here.

Enjoy! 8-)
Great, thank you!! :mrgreen:
StatMat

Re: OneLoad64 Games Collection v3 Now Ready! Need Volunteers!

Unread post by StatMat »

Okay guys and gals, the v3 collection is complete apart from one thing - the screenshots!

Now, I know that a number of you have already volunteered to help with this rather large task, but I'm calling for additional volunteers. We need one screenshot per included game. I'd really like to think we could get enough people together such that we can easily complete this task in time for an official Christmas release.

We already have 4 volunteers, but let's see if we can get at least 15 (or more of course, as this would make it even easier!) I'll then PM each volunteer with a link to an archive containing their allotted games, along with a pre-configured copy of WinVice. Once we have all the screenshots together, I'll get the full release sorted ASAP.

Basically there will be a batch file which will launch each of the games in turn and the emulator will automatically take a screenshot on exit. It will also keep track of where you are, so that you can carry on where you left off. You can see an example of this [here].

Thanks for reading and let us know if you can help. If there's enough interest, I'll send out the links over the next couple of days. :)
Darthcustom

Unread post by Darthcustom »

You can count on me for helping with screenshots.
StatMat

Unread post by StatMat »

Many thanks for the offer of assistance. We divided the games into chunks for a group of 10 volunteers a couple of days ago and sent out the links, but we may need some further assistance as we approach the Christmas deadline, so I will definitely give you a shout if needed. :)
NLS

Unread post by NLS »

Can't wait. :)
cursedverses

Re: OneLoad64 Games Collection v3 coming for Xmas!

Unread post by cursedverses »

Add me in if you need any further help!
StatMat

Re: OneLoad64 Games Collection v3 coming soon!

Unread post by StatMat »

Thank you! We're good at the moment, but I will certainly let you know if more assistance is required in the future. :)
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Any News on the Release ?
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Just read on LemonC64 that the author of one load is still having real life issues and this is therefore delayed.