Your Search Query Was Ignored Because They Are Too Common Words

Discussion about the MiSTer forum, suggestions and queries related to the forum.
Harrumph

Your Search Query Was Ignored Because They Are Too Common Words

Unread post by Harrumph »

Hi, the search function is sometimes ineffective because of this ”too common” limitation.

This occurs even if I combine several words. I’ve tried forcing combinations with +, or searching exact phrase with quotation marks, but neither seems to work.

Any tips to get around this issue?

Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: Your Search Query Was Ignored Because They Are Too Common Words

Unread post by Xbytez »

Some example would be of more assistance, but maybe try the advance search page:

MiSTer FPGA Advanced Search
Place + in front of a word which must be found and - in front of a word which must not be found. Put a list of words separated by | into brackets if only one of the words must be found. Use * as a wildcard for partial matches.
Xbytez
Site Admin

Unread post by Xbytez »

I have changed some of the forum settings and just rebuilt the search index for every post on the whole forum, you should see an improvement in the number of results returned.
Harrumph

Unread post by Harrumph »

Great, it works now!

My search yesterday was for ”arcade list” because i knew there was a thread called exactly this. But it didnt give results because of the issue. I added sdram as search term, but same problem.

After your changes, I get proper results from searches with those terms! So big thumbs up!