Screen Scaling

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
MAPPY

Screen Scaling

Unread post by MAPPY »

Hello,
I have one of those older type Full HD IPS TVS. The problem is, some of the screen is beyond the bezel (at least it looks like it), cutting some of the screen. It also persist on my PC through HDMI but I just scale it on Nvidia panel and I get something like 1824x1026 after scaling. Do I need to insert custom resolution into .ini or is there any other method to squish the picture? Can't fix it from the remote
12characters

Re: Screen Scaling

Unread post by 12characters »

I suggest to first thoroughly search through the TV settings. If there truly is no setting on your TV, you can adjust the following option in MiSTer.ini:

Code: Select all

vscale_border=0        ; set vertical border for TVs cutting the upper/bottom parts of screen (1-399)
MAPPY

Unread post by MAPPY »

12characters wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:51 pm I suggest to first thoroughly search through the TV settings. If there truly is no setting on your TV, you can adjust the following option in MiSTer.ini:

vscale_border=0        ; set vertical border for TVs cutting the upper/bottom parts of screen (1-399)
Guess my eyesight is getting worse with age. Thanks, it helped a lot in games! Still ~10% of test is missing in the updateall (hidden in the left side of the screen) and other scripts. Thankfully I rarely play on this tv since I'm using crt but if I want to run any script it does not want to boot on crt.
Thanks again
pbsk8

Unread post by pbsk8 »

I have a monitor 27'' fullhd and when I use those modelines it always "zooms" the image and there is cut on top and botton parts

I think they are only for 4k tv in roder not to crop the image?
12characters

Unread post by 12characters »

MAPPY wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:57 pm Still ~10% of test is missing in the updateall (hidden in the left side of the screen) and other scripts.
I do not use scripts but I guess they run on the linux terminal. You can test changing the framebuffer size to 1/2 of resolution:

fb_size=2              ; 0 - automatic, 1 - full size, 2 - 1/2 of resolution, 4 - 1/4 of resolution