I hope they put more support with some hacks.

deltax0

I hope they put more support with some hacks.

Unread post by deltax0 »

I was looking at the hacked versions of some games. Some of them don't work.
I was looking at Capcom vs Snk chaos super plus. which is the same game but everything unlocked. even the boss characters. there are a few others.
I hope they get implemented in the future.
Is there even a way to get them working?
ThetaX55
MiSTer
4tb external hard drive, blister and io.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Re: I hope they put more support with some hacks.

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

Don't really know the Neo Geo library but I downloaded the Darksoft rom set and it includes an SNK vs Capcom plus. When you boot it up on mister and select arcade mode there's a huge PLUS letters flashing on the attract mode. On the char screen I see Vega/Bison selectable on the SF2 side, and some tentacle alien thing on SNK. Was able to enter a match using it. Not sure if that is what you wanted.
deltax0

Unread post by deltax0 »

The version im talking about unlocks ultra boss. A devil guy and a chick with a super riding a big animal.
You can get those characters if you pick console mode with a cheat hack in the cheat menu in the bios.
I used to have super plus long time ago with neorage. That emulator is old like more then 15 years ago.
ThetaX55
MiSTer
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

The first question for stuff like this has not been asked here yet.
Does the same rom hack work on real NeoGeo systems?

If yes sure they should work on mister too.
If no then it get´s complicated very fast.
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Hard to find information but it sounds like super plus is an actual bootleg. And I found a listing for a reproduction cart. So it sounds like it works on actual hardware. May have just fallen through the cracks not being part of the darksoft list.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

To expand the question a bit!
By "they put more support with hacks"
Who is "they"?

The people making the hacks or the people making the cores?
To me it should probably be the people making the hacks.

Doooh! Warning Moron at work!!!
Forgot the line about "if the hack does not work on either mister or original hardware"
Then it should be the people making the hacks!
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

grizzly wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:49 am To expand the question a bit!
By "they put more support with hacks"
Who is "they"?

The people making the hacks or the people making the cores?
To me it should probably be the people making the hacks.
Cannot disagree more if the hack works on original unmodified hardware, and does not itself include any custom hardware. Cores that can support outrageous demos and such are the gold standard. Failure to support these things is proof that your core is yet imperfect. Granted everyone's time is limited and donated at free, so I don't expect perfection to ever be achieved, but it is the long term goal. HDL isn't just about making old games playable, its about perserving vanishing hardware for future generations.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Doooh! Warning Moron at work!!!
Forgot the line about "if the hack does not work on either mister or original hardware"
Then it should be the people making the hacks!

Otherwise i agree Fox.
Slein
Core Developer

Unread post by Slein »

It looks like the roms found at the usual sites are simply in the wrong format.
The serial console says none of the expected files are found when trying to start it,
though the super plus is actually in the romset.xml.

And no, i don't know how to convert the roms or have the game up and running.
If you want to play it, find a way to convert/find roms in the correct format and post the solution :)
hiddenbyleaves

Unread post by hiddenbyleaves »

Alot of the bootlegs or romhacks from the smokemonster set for neo geo boot up into a service menu with crosshatch and ram checker etc. Some of them boot up into a garbled mess of green icons and letters. Some of them work.
deltax0

Unread post by deltax0 »

Maybe it's the the rom file itself. Bad rom. There are just a few that don't work so im not to worried. Most are just hacks. I used to have a working rom hack for cvs c with the characters unlocked for neorage back in 2003.
I used to have a svc chaos hack editor long time ago. Can anyone help me find it? Maybe i can hack those characters in. I may still have it on a old computer but i don't know where it is right now. I want to see if i can get a version with all the characters in even for mvs mode.
For that game you can play as them if you play aes mode and put a cheat in. characters names are Athena and Firebrand.
In the xbox version you gotta beat survival and face them to get them, which seems hard.
I analogize about the wording i used in this topic. I was half asleap when i wrote this topic. It still makes sense to me.
ThetaX55
MiSTer
Megahurtz

Unread post by Megahurtz »

Could be a bad rom? I tried the unibios 4 CRC check on svcsplus and it said the roms were no good. I did find some old neo-geo.com threads that mentioned that hack only working in AES mode.
deltax0

Unread post by deltax0 »

playing a bit of cvs c. I noticed there is now unlimited credits for aes mode in the new unibois. so turning boss and unlimited credit's in aes mode will do for me.
If someone comes across the cvs c game editor please post the link here. Just hope the editor works on the rom file that works on mister. It's kinda ancient. ill try it on mame first.
I remember long time ago the hacked of all the characters worked. for neorage. Even if i find my old computer in storage, id don't have a vga monitor to hook it up. the hack editor is on that computer i think,
Don't know about the other hacks that are dead, but it doesn't bother me. I only wonder why they kept dead roms on there.
I am still having a good time with the neogeo core. I have to thank furtek for his hard work. He done the extra work.
ThetaX55
MiSTer
HappehLemons

Unread post by HappehLemons »

Anyone figure out how to get Super Plus working here? Only seems to support plus and there’s no way to enable the 4 missing characters without codes.