Community sourced game list for AO486 Top 500

flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Re: Community sourced game list for AO486 Top 500

Unread post by flynnsbit »

This will be after T300 gets updated with MyMenu. I realize people wait on me for these things, and that is fine, but you could make this now by pulling the directories directly out of eXoDOS into a large VHD and just copy MyMenu onto it. you would still have to create the autorun.bat file for each game or script that. The exoDOSConverter needs to be updated to handle MyMenu. Life has for sure gotten in the way of this, but I am more engaged now.

https://github.com/flynnsbit/MyMenu
Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Dreams don't die!
ninjaz0mbie

Unread post by ninjaz0mbie »

flynnsbit wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:28 am This will be after T300 gets updated with MyMenu. I realize people wait on me for these things, and that is fine, but you could make this now by pulling the directories directly out of eXoDOS into a large VHD and just copy MyMenu onto it. you would still have to create the autorun.bat file for each game or script that. The exoDOSConverter needs to be updated to handle MyMenu. Life has for sure gotten in the way of this, but I am more engaged now.

https://github.com/flynnsbit/MyMenu
Thanks for the update and for the link. I've starred the github repo to follow along with the progress. I'm sure I could manage to figure this out myself, but my free time is quite scarce these days so I tend to rely on the generous work of folks like you who handle all of the tedious setup and automation for us mere mortals. You're doing God's work my friend. If you have a Patreon, I'd be happy to pitch in some beer money :mrgreen:
thorr
Top Contributor

Unread post by thorr »

I would like to see all the games that don't work removed (and hopefully one day they will work and can be added in after that).

I would like to see all the original and SCI versions of the Sierra adventure games as well as all the Lucasfilm adventure games, Might and Magic games, Ultima series, the Bards Tale series and the 7th Guest. I keep trying to find the time to make my own images, and I plan to make separate hard drives for adventure games, action games (Wing Commander series, Star Wars games, driving games, pinball, Doom, Descent, etc.), and turn-based or real-time and puzzle games like the Civilization, Colonization, Master of Orion, Command & Conquer, Warcraft, Lemmings, The Incredible machine, Sim City, etc. series. Having some of the games missing like say King's Quest III but having the rest is annoying and makes me not want to play anything since it isn't complete.

Maybe a better approach for me is to just play the games one at a time and install them as needed. That way I actually spend time playing the game instead of just setting everything up. Anyway, breaking things into categories rather than a top 500 might be a good thing so each category can be all inclusive with the full series of all the best games for each category.
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Unread post by flynnsbit »

thorr wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:57 am I would like to see all the games that don't work removed (and hopefully one day they will work and can be added in after that).

I would like to see all the original and SCI versions of the Sierra adventure games as well as all the Lucasfilm adventure games, Might and Magic games, Ultima series, the Bards Tale series and the 7th Guest. I keep trying to find the time to make my own images, and I plan to make separate hard drives for adventure games, action games (Wing Commander series, Star Wars games, driving games, pinball, Doom, Descent, etc.), and turn-based or real-time and puzzle games like the Civilization, Colonization, Master of Orion, Command & Conquer, Warcraft, Lemmings, The Incredible machine, Sim City, etc. series. Having some of the games missing like say King's Quest III but having the rest is annoying and makes me not want to play anything since it isn't complete.

Maybe a better approach for me is to just play the games one at a time and install them as needed. That way I actually spend time playing the game instead of just setting everything up. Anyway, breaking things into categories rather than a top 500 might be a good thing so each category can be all inclusive with the full series of all the best games for each category.
That sounds like a plan. It will be nice having someone else making these images as well. Let me know where you share it out as I would love to play some of those. Having more people making these things just helps the community more!
retro

Unread post by retro »

Possible to add The Punisher?
It's a great 2D open world game by Paragon Software, and was released in 1990.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/946202 ... isher-1990
Karmeck

Unread post by Karmeck »

Are we still adding games?

Lurid Land
Happy land
NightShadowPT

Unread post by NightShadowPT »

Not sure if still on time, but I added the following:

Double Blocks (Ernest Yale - 1990)
Reunion (Grandslam -1994)
Wrath of the Demon (1991)
Kings of the Beach (1988)
Grand Prix Circuit (1987)
The Cycles (1989)
Digger (1983)
Solar Winds (1993)
Stunt Car Racer (1989)
curious-beacon

Unread post by curious-beacon »

Hi! My wife is interested in playing Digger 1983. Do I need anything besides a rom to play this game?

akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

curious-beacon wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:48 am

Hi! My wife is interested in playing Digger 1983. Do I need anything besides a rom to play this game?

There are no "roms" for PCs, so it depends on what file do you have. If it's a HDD install (DC) you'd need to put it on bootable VHD with MS DOS. If it's a "PC booter" ie floppy image then you can just try and mount it as a floppy disk in core OSD.

Both ready-made vhd and booter floppy can be found in one of the collections from this thread: https://www.misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?t=5368

I recommend to run this game on PCXT core due to possible speed issues (or choose AT speed in ao486's OSD menu).

breiztiger
Top Contributor

Unread post by breiztiger »

CPC-Power Staff