Is My I/O Board Bad?

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Rooki3

Is My I/O Board Bad?

Unread post by Rooki3 »

Thanks in advance for your time and help. I received my MiSTer two days ago and I love it. I've used it via hdmi, but now I want to use it with my crt tv. I have two different ones. On my 2002 crt I hooked my MiSTer via VGA to component cable I got from mono price and I can't get it to work (reddish screen/jumping image). Tried over and auto switch on I/o board and nothing.

Tried it on another tv sharp aquos (13inch 4:3 screen) and I get reddish screen as well but can actually see the image and doesn't jump around. Two tvs not working, could it be a faulty cable?

Tried it on my Dell 2007fbp 4:3 monitor via vga cable and out of sync. Is there some setting I need to do first? I would like to use VGA to component on my tvs and save my monitor when my tvs die on me.
technotaff

Re: Is My I/O Board Bad?

Unread post by technotaff »

Try setting your sync to CSync in your MiSTer.ini:

composite_sync = 1
Rooki3

Re: Is My I/O Board Bad?

Unread post by Rooki3 »

technotaff wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:05 am Try setting your sync to CSync in your MiSTer.ini:

composite_sync = 1
Thanks for the tip, changed to Csync and it's working now. I have some searching/reading to do. All my cores are centered, but sega cd seems off to the left side. Any threads on custom settings to adjust screen placement? I would also like to know if possible to make a ini so it matches tv/monitor refresh rate and resolution?
Thanks
Attachments
GBA core
GBA core
IMG_20210326_213521.jpg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 1862 times