MiSTer SD Card Corruption Issues

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Rooki3

MiSTer SD Card Corruption Issues

Unread post by Rooki3 »

I've had my mister for about a week. I've been having nothing but trouble with it. I replaced the original sd card with a 256gb samsung and within two days my card got corrupted. I know this because my mister wouldn't boot anymore. I checked my card and it says that my card is only a 115mb and everything is gone. So, I thought maybe a fake card from Amazon. I then tried original card and same thing happened? Anyone have any ideas? It's gotta be something bad with my kit.
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm still waiting on reseller for a reply as well.
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Re: MiSTer SD Card Corruption Issues

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

I've had some files corrupted either because of using a samba connection or because of the update script having its connection interrupted. Your problems sound more serious than anything I've read here though.
Rooki3

Unread post by Rooki3 »

yeah I'm lost not sure what the issue is. I have (had no longer working) hard wired to avoid interruption having wi-fi. I'm not sure what seller can do ( i hope send me another kit). I loved it when it was working.
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

It does sound like it could be a problem with your DE10. Or, long shot, probably not, faulty powersupply or weirdness with the voltages the DE10 can receive from certain HDMI displays.
Rooki3

Unread post by Rooki3 »

I had it hdmi to dvi on a dell ultrasharp 2007fp
I notice strange behavior when trying to use usb controllers. I was using the power supply that came with the kit.
Rooki3

Unread post by Rooki3 »

LamerDeluxe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:11 pm It does sound like it could be a problem with your DE10. Or, long shot, probably not, faulty powersupply or weirdness with the voltages the DE10 can receive from certain HDMI displays.
but any of these issues cause corruption?
LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Rooki3 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:18 pm
LamerDeluxe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:11 pm It does sound like it could be a problem with your DE10. Or, long shot, probably not, faulty powersupply or weirdness with the voltages the DE10 can receive from certain HDMI displays.
but any of these issues cause corruption?
The HDMI problem can cause multiple issues, but I haven't heard file corruption specifically. And I would expect other issues as well if something was wrong with the powersupply. Like I said, long shot, probably not the cause.

It seems likely that it is the DE10 itself causing the problems.
Rooki3

Unread post by Rooki3 »

Well I'll have to see what misteraddons is gonna do. thanks for the info
ZigZag

Unread post by ZigZag »

Try the card with all the files in a usb card reader on the MiSTer. (you may need core files on another card in onboard card reader & set to "boot to USB). If it works there's probably something wrong with the onboard card reader. If so get repair or replacement from supplier.
Rooki3

Unread post by Rooki3 »

This thread can be closed. Seller sent me a return label for a replacement. I never did try the usb option. I'm waiting for my replacement MiSTer.