[ZXNEXT] Any recommendations for screen mode?

guddler

[ZXNEXT] Any recommendations for screen mode?

Unread post by guddler »

As title. I'm running a 1440p monitor and on Minimig I get a pretty superb picture with integer scaling by using a Linux resolution of 1920x1440 and then letting MiSTer do it's thing, but I seem to be struggling with the Next core. There's either too much blank space around or the scan lines are uneven and poor which I thought the 1920x1440 resolution sorted out. (I like scan lines for old machines - I think it looks so much better and offsets the blockiness of scaled up pictures)

I struggle in general with old systems scaled up to LCD panel resolutions. Honestly it drives me potty.

Just wondering if anyone has any "go to" settings for the Next.

Thanks.
Insert Disk Two

Re: [ZXNEXT] Any recommendations for screen mode?

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Did you try "Normal" in aspect ratio?
guddler

Unread post by guddler »

No,the two available options are “Original” and “Full Screen” and the display does not change, the output is the same for both. I suspect this is all down to my use of integer scaling. Scan lines just look awful without either “v-integer” or “hv-integer” scale. I guess I just need to put up with the inch or so border round the screen. It’s more prominent on a spectrum because of the usual inch or so the spectrum normally has so it ends up being about half the size of my screen in the middle.
pgimeno
Top Contributor

Unread post by pgimeno »

AFAIK the scanlines effect feature doesn't work well with integer scaling. viewtopic.php?p=19033#p19033