USPS Slow Mail

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Captain FPGA

USPS Slow Mail

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

Anyone else experiencing mail delays? I just ordered all of my parts for the MiSTer FPGA device and only got two. The others are on a 4 week delay. The tracking states the same message for each item.

In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

What is going on at the postal service?

Dreams don't die!
kfreiberg

Re: USPS Slow Mail

Unread post by kfreiberg »

The only large delays (more than a day or two) I've seen were items shipped internationally. Especially from Europe and Asia. Anything shipped within the US has been fine.
ExCyber

Unread post by ExCyber »

I've seen a few stories about packages getting caught in a "loop" between facilities, and I think this happened to the 128 MB SDRAM board that I bought last year. This allegedly happens when there's a surge in parcels and the receiving facility doesn't have room to fully unload a truck. In my case I think it was only delayed 2 or 3 days, though, definitely not 4 weeks.
TomDeHugo

Unread post by TomDeHugo »

I recently got a package sent from the east coast of the US over to the west coast via USPS. It was put in the mail on a Saturday and I got it the following Tuesday. So it seems to be ok for some shipments.