Archer Maclean's Pool Right Mouse Button Issue

Jon

Archer Maclean's Pool Right Mouse Button Issue

Unread post by Jon »

This is a strange issue. The right mouse button does not work in Archer Maclean's pool or Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker. Right mouse clicks are not registered at all. The right mouse button is used when selecting menu items and when navigating the table.

I have tried ADFs using an A500 setup and the whdload versions with an A1200 setup. The right mouse button works correctly in other games and apps.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Due to it being common to these 2 games which presumably share a lot of code and the same (perhaps unusual) right mouse button implementation - my guess is it's an issue with Minimig.
chunky_tesco

Re: Archer Maclean's Pool Right Mouse Button Issue

Unread post by chunky_tesco »

I raised this issue for the MiST and it was fixed. https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-binaries/issues/121
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

That's great, many thanks. Probably a silly question but can this fix be applied to the MiSTer minimig? Does it need to be raised anywhere.

This and the broken ball launch sfx on Speedball 2 (at the start of a match) are the two main issues for me that break the illusion of not being on a real Amiga!
chunky_tesco

I’ve posted this as an issue on the GitHub but it’s not been replied to.
chunky_tesco

that looks to have been fixed in today's release. thanks!
Jon

Unread post by Jon »

Tested it last night & confirmed fixed - brilliant! Thanks for your help with this.

Out of interest do you have the same issue with Speedball 2? When the ball launches at the start of a point, the sound of the turret revolving is correct, but the subsequent sound of the ball being fired out is wrong. It clicks rather than playing the proper sound.

I've tested on both my normal A1200 config via whdload and on a basic A500 configuration via floppy.