MiSTer and Corio2 Scaler Thread

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
zoopster

MiSTer and Corio2 Scaler Thread

Unread post by zoopster »

I've been using a Corio2 chip set based scaler to downscale 480p to 240p. This is the unit I have: https://tvone.com/filestore/Manuals-COR ... C2-750.pdf. The device is configured to downscale via custom video modes see: https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63226

It's produced great results on my original Xbox and also my PC when they are both set to 480p output.

On my MISTer it’s connected via a HDMI to VGA adapter and then VGA to DVI (the 750 has two DVI inputs) and then DVI to BNC into a Sony 20F BVM.

Its been useful for the recent Sharp X68000 and PC88 cores as those cores don't currently support the analog VGA IO board.

I've also been able to use the menu core with fb_terminal enabled by using vga_scaler=1 and forced_scandoubler=1.

Also tried the ao486 and Archie cores with the vga_scaler and forced_scandoubler enabled without good results. The video shows but there is a lot on instability on the video signal.

Anybody else using a Corio2 based scaler with MiSTer?
suverman

Re: MiSTer and Corio2 Scaler Thread

Unread post by suverman »

I use it to downscale pc games but its laggy. Atleast a frame
zoopster

That's a shame. I just switched to a PC CRT for MiSTer but keeping the Corio for Dreamcast, PC and Xbox.
zoopster

suverman wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:25 am I use it to downscale pc games but its laggy. Atleast a frame
Did you use any special settings on the PC output? I've been using a 720x480p output (set via Nvida control panel) to the Corio and mostly the default settings with tweaks via the "Source" menu to TL and BR settings.