MiSTer Multisystem - All-in-One System

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
antibolo

Re: MiSTer Multisystem - All-in-One System

Unread post by antibolo »

I've finally finished assembling my MMS enclosure over the holidays (after a mishap of not ordering the right kind of nuts at first). Everything is fine and dandy now.

I'm now looking at buying some SNAC adapters, and I'm a bit confused as to what to get, and possibly what position to set J17 to. The MMS manual says that it has a "built-in level shifter", is this what J17 is for (passing through the level shifter or not)?

I'm currently thinking about getting ultimatemister's "Ultimate SNAC mini":
https://ultimatemister.com/product/ulti ... mini-hdmi/

So my questions are:

• Is it actually compatible with the Multisystem (says it requires analog 6.1, not sure what the Multisystem is equivalent to)?
  • Which position will I need to set J17 to?
rickdangerous

Unread post by rickdangerous »

Yes, it's compatible, both products are produced and sold in the UltimateMiSTer.com store. Send us a PM and we'll guide you through all the necessary settings.

PS. Thanks for the note. We will update all products with MMS cases compatibility in mind, but of course MMS is compatible with all add-ons made for I/O 6.1.

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

QuidamPhx

Unread post by QuidamPhx »

Shinianess wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm

Is there anyone having menu button problem with Multisystem? I've received the board on last Tuesday and has been troubled since then. The menu button've not worked at all, I've tried to re-install the system and tested J12 behind SW4, but nothing happened.

This is an old post so I suspect you won't see it.

I assembled my MMS today and neither the menu or user buttons work for me. Everything else seems to. Did you solve your problem?

rickdangerous

QuidamPhx wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 pm
Shinianess wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm

Is there anyone having menu button problem with Multisystem? I've received the board on last Tuesday and has been troubled since then. The menu button've not worked at all, I've tried to re-install the system and tested J12 behind SW4, but nothing happened.

This is an old post so I suspect you won't see it.

I assembled my MMS today and neither the menu or user buttons work for me. Everything else seems to. Did you solve your problem?

Test it without the 3D button installed. 100% of the cases that people indicated that the front buttons didn't work were always related to 3D printing.

rickdangerous

Multisystem is a product that is here to stay for a long time in our ultimate catalogue. It has been an immense pleasure working with Richard and I hope that our partnership will go even further with new great products.

We're also introducing a number of new features at MMS, and today I'm going to share you 4 new small projects that work beautifully. 1) A new memory BGA ICs, making a highly-effective use of pcb space, the tracks are much shorter and with trace tune length. There's less distance between the memories and the GPIO / FPGA, very stable and fully compatible with all cores. Basically the size of the I/O connector. We have designed it horizontal but also vertical, making it independent and compatible not only with MMS but with our best projects such as Jammix I/O or the official add-ons and cases. One for all and all for one. 2) The following will be a dual-port front HDMI SNAC that works perfectly with our HDMI cables. The regular SNAC mini HDMI has always worked on MMS and I've answered that question above, however this version without level-shifter (already onboard) is designed to match the frontal panel of the new beautiful low profile cases. 3) and a vertical stand for the new low profile cases, aka PS2 style, making the design even more incredible. 4) I'll leave for another day because we also have to rest (and play games) and look after the family. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Ricardo
UltimateMiSTer.com

MMS-SDRAM.webp
MMS-HDMI-SNAC.webp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dcubed

Unread post by dcubed »

Glad to hear that you'll be continuing to support the Multisystem Rick. It's a great piece of hardware that's basically the perfect entrypoint into the MiSTer ecosystem for most people, and it's reassuring to know that I'll be able to continue to get parts/replacement systems in the future should I ever need them or want another MMS :)

Absolutely love my own MMS and wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone interested in a console-style form factor that supports both HDMI and analogue output.