Serial connection stopped working

mickenx

Serial connection stopped working

Unread post by mickenx »

Hi

I have done a memdump program which dumps a region in hex to serial port 1. It worked just fine last night, after I disabled ppp from shell. After a cold reboot it stopped working! Today I commented out pppd from uartconfig, but no luck :( Other cores , such as Minimig works just fine .. can do dir > SER: and get the directory listing in linux.

How does the connection work? I have checked the line settings with: stty -F /dev/ttyS1 and it looks ok.
Here is my program : (My first m68k program)
http://www.update.uu.se/~micken/dump.s

Michael
mickenx

Re: Serial connection stopped working

Unread post by mickenx »

The reason for all this is that I am debugging the core , so memory dump is extremely useful.. When I switched board , I only used the official core!
It is quite unstable, sometimes it doesn't start and the hdd images can be completely corrupted. My only guess right now is that something is broken on the filesystem. I have tried fsck , but that reported no errors.

Before it stopped working (yesterday) I observed a issue:
It never recognise the STerioids mode. The viking memory always end up in the lower regions. This could also be the cause of the MiNT memory issue I described in another thread. It is very possible that the core never really configures memory 8m+.

EDIT I was wrong , something gets to the higher memory region , I just dumped less than required . I also added a check in the videodriver and it didn't gave a printout.
mickenx

Re: Serial connection stopped working

Unread post by mickenx »

OK so got it semi working again, new sdcard. But serial is still a problem, it doesn't work if I don't have ppp getty etc running. In the past I think that uart always connected , can that behaviour be enabled somehow?