Atari Jaguar Core

jca
Top Contributor

Re: Atari Jaguar Core

Unread post by jca »

This is all the information I have, may be he will base his work on the existing core or may be not.

Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

Jotego has asked people to list the current issues with the existing core.

dmckean

Unread post by dmckean »

FPGA64 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:25 pm

We already have a Jag core though off the original netlists it would be better to expend effort on this than starting again in my view

The current core pulled the netlists in a weird way, the opposite of how you would expect. It makes it extra difficult to debug. There's going to need to be a lot of debugging because netlists we have are an earlier revision of the hardware and not the final ones. Jotego also prefers to work in HDL and not verilog.

Starting over just means pulling everything in again in a new language.

berighteous

Unread post by berighteous »

Did this ever come out?

neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

There is a really early build somewhere

djsquare

Unread post by djsquare »

Do you have dual RAM? I really hope this core comes out someday. I love Super Burn Out and Defender 2000

Attachments
Jaguar_dual_ram.rbf
(3.49 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

No, i have the single ram core.

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

The experimental Jag Build was dual Ram Only. It was more stable than the old single ram buiild.

metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

djsquare wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:54 pm

Do you have dual RAM? I really hope this core comes out someday. I love Super Burn Out and Defender 2000

While it would be amazing to have it on mister, the guy who developed the emulation for the Atari 50 release before xmas launched possibly the best standalone emulator BigP

https://www.richwhitehouse.com/jaguar/

It has flawless implementation, every option you could ever want, CD support, 100% compatibility, the most accurate Jaguar emulator created. It can possibly hold you over till a core appears.

Syntax Error

Unread post by Syntax Error »

I assume the point here is to actually have it on the mister its been less than a week since i owned me one and im still jawdropping on how much of the universe fits into something the size of an icecream waffle that eats 10 watts.

most of it is new to me and i was actually interested b/c it does amiga and st , but found out by now just how much it is doing , including that tasty japanese machine that sadly speaks more japanese than i understand , personally even if its total fringe to me a jaguar and a falcon core working like the nes or amiga does would be made of awesome but i totally understand patreons would be a lot more leaning towards mainstream machines like the n64 and gods know what and who goes where.

the dual core doesnt do anytying on the thing i have, checking out the code is way above my head here, its not really php or somethign but the old one i found (its listed here somewhere before too on page 1 or 2

has a download link too, which i got, it includes four cores and a bios file , it seems to boot up most of what i tried but it has a bad case of ... something that looks like a c64 demo with people who got the rasterline timing wrong about 3/4 of the screen down and the screen seems to black out on some, including my all-time favourite from back when i had one : tempest 2000 , defender seems to keep running when i came back after 15 minutes but it also has the wonky scanlines

i see the name jotego a lot here even if im fresh as a newborn kit to the place here, so even if they are willing to hack it, i bet they got priorities heheh

that said, i have all confidence that some day someone will run out of cores to convert and i can have my falcon and my jaguar, sadly my billgates wallet has been lacking otherwise id actively buy a machine to let them decapitate it .. maybe next life then. But if you want a go at some jag roms on the little box that one seems to work ... "somewhat"