Top Gear - graphical glitches with sprite occlusion on the road

Kopert

Top Gear - graphical glitches with sprite occlusion on the road

Unread post by Kopert »

Hello everyone, I hope this thread is ok to post;

I started an issue on GitHub regarding this, but I decided to post here as well; mostly because I wanted to make sure the issue exists as I understand it. I don't have an actual SNES to test it - I based my evaluation on videos taken on actual hardware and tests on the most accurate software emulator I could get my hands on - so I'd love to hear from anyone that could confirm that the issue exists.

Basically, sometimes sprites still show up when they're supposed to be occluded by the road, for example, when going downhill. I get the impression that, as soon as the top of the sprite would show up, it ALL shows up instead of only appearing partially.

I have these two screenshots (1, 2) that show the issue happening. You can reproduce it as soon as the last curve on the first race, as it goes downhill; you can just stop there and inch forward until the left turn signal shows up from behind the road.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could confirm this issue on their end. Just wanted to make sure I didn't open an useless ticket. Thanks for your time.
Attachments
141694432-5629a088-a3fd-4ba3-b6f2-e0a2780e73d4.jpg
141694432-5629a088-a3fd-4ba3-b6f2-e0a2780e73d4.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 3773 times
Kopert

Re: Top Gear - graphical glitches with sprite occlusion on the road

Unread post by Kopert »

Just an update to save people the effort, paulb-nl just posted on my issue confirming it.