Rygar Playthrough

Community created YouTube tutorials, interviews and helpful online information guides.
80sArcadeKid

Rygar Playthrough

Unread post by 80sArcadeKid »

Hey MiSTer's!

I've done a playthrough of the Rygar core (from start to finish) for the Arcade Wars I'm involved with. It's a bit of a tutorial so if you were interested in learning about the game and some of it's secrets.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1226598434

You will also see the glitches that appear on Round (level) 1 with the red death head. (sprite sync issues).
sonik

Re: Rygar Playthrough

Unread post by sonik »

Cool!
I'm not good at this game. Gonna watch your playthrough!
crabfists

Unread post by crabfists »

I enjoyed that. Thanks for making it. :)

By the way, I think I know the answer to this, but does the MiSTer feel identical to the real arcade board? If you did a blind test could you tell the difference?
80sArcadeKid

crabfists wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:49 am I enjoyed that. Thanks for making it. :)

By the way, I think I know the answer to this, but does the MiSTer feel identical to the real arcade board? If you did a blind test could you tell the difference?
Wow, I'm almost a year behind on this reply as I don't frequent this forum often unless I'm after specific information or have something to share.
If the graphical and sound issues were fixed on this core, I probably could not tell the difference in a blind gameplay test with two identical cabs and controls.

Other cores like Donkey Kong which I'm intimately familiar with have a similar issue, they feel identical to the PCB's to play but other issues (sound in DK) remove that athenticity.
Wave

Unread post by Wave »

Interesting. Are the gfx/sound issues documented anywhere?
she/her
80sArcadeKid

Wave wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:48 am Interesting. Are the gfx/sound issues documented anywhere?
Once again months later, I come back to check if anyone has worked on the core but alas it is not fixed.
The issues have been logged on github here back in January 2021:
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Arcade- ... r/issues/8