KV-21T1D Geometry Tweaking Help Needed

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Spunkworks

KV-21T1D Geometry Tweaking Help Needed

Unread post by Spunkworks »

Hi y'all, I dumpster dived a Sony KV-21T1D, but the geometry is totally out of wack. I managed to enter the service menu, but I am looking for a list of menu options. Does anyone here have a service manual I can download? Also, what is the best Test suite to use for tweaking?
It seems the service menu is locked when inputting an NTSC signal, I can only change menu settings while in PAL, but I like to tweak geometry for my NTSC consoles (MiSTer), is there a way to unlock the menu while in NTSC?

Greetz to all retro lovers..

EDIT: It seems when hooking up my MiSTer trough RGB SCART, it doesn't matter if my console is PAL or NTSC, it's the 60Hz that is probably locking up the Service menu, so my new question, is there a test suite that has NTSC resolution while running 50Hz so I can tweak my geometry without switching back and forth between PAL and NTSC?
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: KV-21T1D Geometry Tweaking Help Needed

Unread post by akeley »

KV-21T1D has BE-4A chassis, manual attached below. I have one of these models and can tweak settings in NTSC no problem. Not sure why it would lock up on yours, maybe you can see something in the manual, or maybe it's some other thing.

The most widely used test suite is 240p suite for various consoles. From what I remember some of them have the PAL option.

Also, don't expect to be able to "correct" the geometry to some sort of ideal on a flat Trinitron. Once you actually start playing games some minor flaws won't matter anyway.
Attachments
BE-4A Chassis.zip
(5.45 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
Spunkworks

This is great! Thank you!
I used the Genesis 240 suite by your advice, but i have to switch between PAL and NTSC in order to unlock the settings in menu, it's not ideal but it works.. Thanks for your time!
faluki

Unread post by faluki »

Hello akeley and spunkworks, I have the same CRT "Sony Trinitron KV-21T1D" and it happens to me exactly the same. I have the service manual, I have searched everywhere but it is impossible for me to adjust the geometry. Can you help me unlock it in NTSC, I don't know how to do it with 240 test.
Spunkworks

I have the same KV-21T1D TV which has purity and convergence issues.
On the yoke I find 5 rings I can rotate, but from the manual, I can't really make out what each ring does.

Can someone tell me the function of each of the 5 rings?

Much obliged

Vince