romsets.xml darksoft romset

you981

romsets.xml darksoft romset

Unread post by you981 »

I got a darksoft ROM set from archive.org and it worked fine with the NeoGeo core.
I should have got the latest one, but some of them are not registered in romsets.xml. For example, there aren't nearly 20 things like aof3k.
I also owned NeoSD PRO, so I used the Neo file for the missing ones, but there are some problems.
・ kof99k
・ svcsplus
These two Neo files will boot fine on NeoSD, but not on MiSTer.
・ svccpru
・ kof2003ps2
Both darksoft and neo files cannot be found.

After a lot of research, I saw a description that it was included in the past darksoft set (before 3.1?).
Does anyone know how to get it? Or does anyone know how to create a file that works with MiSTer?
Please lend me your wisdom.
rok

Re: romsets.xml darksoft romset

Unread post by rok »

Do you use the latest romsets.xml from https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/NeoGeo_ ... /releases/ ?
you981

Unread post by you981 »

Thank you for your message.
I'm using the latest romsets.xml.

First, the Neo file does not need to be registered in the romsets.xml file. So it has nothing to do with Neo files that don't work.

Another thing is that my writing may have been strange.
I got a set of darksoft, but it means it's still not enough when compared to everything in romsets.xml.
I've compared everything, but the darksoft set is missing about 20. An example is aof3k.

I want to get this missing thing. Perhaps I got the information that they were in the darksoft set of the past, so I'm looking for it.
rok

Unread post by rok »

Yes, you are right. The games are missing from the December 21 Darksoft set.
JPS

Unread post by JPS »

The question is, why were the ~20 files removed from the Darksoft set? Are they "bad dumps" maybe?

There is no clear pattern as other Korean versions are still included in the current Darksoft set, while aof3k for example has been removed. aof3k is already missing from the 2020-05-12 Darksoft set.

Who knows the reason for the removal of those ~20 games and should we remove them from the MiSTer XML file as well to match the current Darksoft set and/or remove "bad dumps" (if that is the reason)?

Regarding "kof2003ps2", I saw on Github that the entry is by sorglig (2019) and has the comment "currently the only working version of kof2003".

Is this still the case or are other versions of KOF2003 now working without errors? If so, this entry can probably be dropped, as long as the goal of the XML file isn't to contain all unofficial variants.
you981

Unread post by you981 »

I think the same thing. Why were about 20 deleted? I've searched a lot, but it's already removed in the old Neo Geo Roll-Up BETA 3.1.

These deleted ones can be played on NeoSD without any problems. aof3k also works with Mister if it is a neo file.

Why was it deleted? Is it deleted but still registered in xml?

It's in the xml file, but I don't know what to do if I don't have a way to get it.