Problem with rolling image (sometimes) on CRT

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Ark

Problem with rolling image (sometimes) on CRT

Unread post by Ark »

Hi all!
I have completed my mister setup, but i'm running into some issues with the CRT output. I think it's my monitor, i'll swap it out for a different one next week. Maybe someone here has an idea what it could be and how to fix it?
The problem is that when opening certain cores, i sometimes get a rolling picture. Sometimes i don't. Usually it goes away when i cycle regions, but not always. Has someone here seen that behaviour, and any idea what the issue could be?
Setup: mister with analog io board, rgb scart cable with 470ohm resistor on sync into philips cm8833 monitor. Tried all combinations with SoG on mister on/off, forced RGB on monitor on/off. In my mister ini i have composite sync ON, and scandoubler and scaling settings to OFF.

Example of loading SNES core with rolling image, and getting stable picture after cycling regions:

Edit: i did some more experimenting, when it's in rolling picure mode i can get it to sync by switching the input-select button a few times. Also unplugging the VGA-Scart cable on the mister side and then plugging it back in will often cause it to sync. So definitely a monitor-issue i think.