Recent Topics Not Updating Properly

Discussion about the MiSTer forum, suggestions and queries related to the forum.
jca
Top Contributor

Recent Topics Not Updating Properly

Unread post by jca »

Today the Recent topics updates extremely randomly, I just noticed that many thread have new topics but they do not show up in Recent Topics.

Edit:
More bizarre the post I just made shows up in Recent Topics which does not normally happens and is not red along all the recent topics I already read. They are still listed but not in red.
Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: Recent Topics Not Updating Properly

Unread post by Xbytez »

Seems to be working just fine for me, maybe try logging out and back in to the forum.

However once you have actually read a recent topic it will no longer show in the list until a new post in the topic is made. For example your post was top of my list until I just read it.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Xbytez wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:05 pm Seems to be working fine for me, once you have actually read a recent topic it will no longer show in the list. For example your post was top of my list until I just read it.
I just edited my posted, the one I read are still there (in blue) but there are a bunch of new topics in other threads which do not come up in Recent Topics but sometimes I get a a new entry in Recent Topics. I will try to logout and login back to see if something changes.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

I just logged out, all threads are red which is normal as I am not logged in.
I login, there are several Recent Topics which I already read and they are blue, not new entry in red while other threads have new topics indicated in red but they do not show up in Recent Topics.
Very strange.
xFlesk

Unread post by xFlesk »

jca wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:00 pm Today the Recent topics updates extremely randomly, I just noticed that many thread have new topics but they do not show up in Recent Topics.
Edit:
More bizzare the post I just made shows up in Recent Topics which does not normally happens and is not red along all the recent topics I already read. They are still listed but not in red.
same issues here ;) since few days
TheCompany.pl - Amiga EXE Games
Xbytez
Site Admin

Unread post by Xbytez »

I have just completely purged the forum's own cache, and also reset the 'Recent Topics' extension.
xFlesk

Unread post by xFlesk »

Xbytez wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:34 pm I have just completely purged the forum's own cache, and also reset the 'Recent Topics' extension.
works good for me now ;) thank you
TheCompany.pl - Amiga EXE Games
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Trying on a different PC and it is OK. I will have to check what is going on with the one I normally use.
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Windows logout/login did the trick.