ZX Spectrum Next after latest update.

Swainy

ZX Spectrum Next after latest update.

Unread post by Swainy »

I’m running the Next core on my second SD card. Just ran update all and noticed this in the latest change log:

ZXNext, TSConf: persistent image mounting (remembered across boots). Please rename boot.vhd(boot0.vhd, boot1.vhd) to other name if you want this feature working.

So I take it that I have to rename to boot.vhd?
Flandango
Core Developer

Re: ZX Spectrum Next after latest update.

Unread post by Flandango »

If you leave it named as boot.vhd, it will always load it when you first start the core.
With the new feature, you can call it whatever you want, especially if you have more than one and you want to have it named something more descriptive, select to load the image and it will remember it the next time you load the core and auto load it.
That way, if you want, you change to another image and it auto load that one...all without having to rename them to boot.vhd
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

Cool, cheers.
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

I totally forgot that the set up on my secondary SD card is just a copy of my real ZX Spectrum Next set up and isn’t a boot.vhd set up.

So now when you run update all, it obviously places a boot.vhd file in the Spectrum Next games folder on the main SD card. This prevents the secondary SD card from loading the Speccy Next core from there. If I delete the boot.vhd file from the main card, the core loads fine from the secondary card.

And when I do try loading the Speccy Next core from the main SD card I get a BBBLUE.FW error appear.
CartoonDonkey

Unread post by CartoonDonkey »

Also, the Do You Love demo crashes for me on this latest core, using the provided vhd for the OS. Rolled back to the older core and boots fine from secondary sd / all works perfectly. :-/

Wish we could make a real external beeper speaker for this thing.
Swainy

Unread post by Swainy »

CartoonDonkey wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:42 pm Wish we could make a real external beeper speaker for this thing.
That would be awesome!
CartoonDonkey

Unread post by CartoonDonkey »

Unfortunately, it probably isn't possible... dare dare dare...
:-D