MegaAGS 2022.02.22 Available

clarkkent

Re: MegaAGS 2022.02.22 Available

Unread post by clarkkent »

Project X SE 2017 crashed once right at start with an Illegal Instruction.
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

clarkkent wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:55 am Project X SE 2017 crashed once right at start with an Illegal Instruction.
Seems to work perfectly for me — are you sure you have the correct settings in the OSD configuration? D-Cache off, etc?
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

Just thought I'd mention that I spotted a missing game: you've included Roadwar Europa, but I don't see Roadwar 2000, its predecessor. I remember enjoying the heck out of that game once I figured it out.
remowilliams

Unread post by remowilliams »

As always many thanks for all the hard work that goes into making and maintaining this amazing package.

Copied it over to my CD32 as well where it works wonderfully : )
clarkkent

Unread post by clarkkent »

limi wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:23 pm
clarkkent wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:55 am Project X SE 2017 crashed once right at start with an Illegal Instruction.
Seems to work perfectly for me — are you sure you have the correct settings in the OSD configuration? D-Cache off, etc?
It crashed only once. At second start it worked again.

By the way: In the Aladin folder on EAB there is also a T-Zero WHDL. A very nice shooter! 😀
Grumpy-Old-Gamer

Unread post by Grumpy-Old-Gamer »

Has the framework update to Minimig released yesterday affected the 5x scaling ? It doesn't seem to work anymore
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Grumpy-Old-Gamer wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:14 pm Has the framework update to Minimig released yesterday affected the 5x scaling ? It doesn't seem to work anymore
It works for both Optiroc and myself when testing — not saying you haven’t found a bug, but we’ll need more specifics. Is there a particular game that seems broken for you? Or all of them?
Grumpy-Old-Gamer

limi wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:24 pm
Grumpy-Old-Gamer wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:14 pm Has the framework update to Minimig released yesterday affected the 5x scaling ? It doesn't seem to work anymore
It works for both Optiroc and myself when testing — not saying you haven’t found a bug, but we’ll need more specifics. Is there a particular game that seems broken for you? Or all of them?
Thanks for the response. I only had a quick test last night after the update. What I noticed was the workbench resolution and colour was changed so made the WHDload screens look odd and the image had borders on all sides in game.
Of course the workbench issue was solved by adjusting the screen settings

I have a backup I made end of last week before the update so will write that to another card and compare later
Optiroc

Unread post by Optiroc »

Grumpy-Old-Gamer wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:30 amThanks for the response. I only had a quick test last night after the update. What I noticed was the workbench resolution and colour was changed so made the WHDload screens look odd and the image had borders on all sides in game.

I have a backup I made end of last week before the update so will write that to another card and compare later
Hmm. Workbench resolution and color having changed sounds odd to say the least.

I tried a loading up a few things covering most bases (4xPAL, 5xPAL, 6xPAL, 5xNTSC) and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. So if you find any pattern in what seems to have changed I'm all ears.
Grumpy-Old-Gamer

Optiroc wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:47 pm
Grumpy-Old-Gamer wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:30 amThanks for the response. I only had a quick test last night after the update. What I noticed was the workbench resolution and colour was changed so made the WHDload screens look odd and the image had borders on all sides in game.

Hmm. Workbench resolution and color having changed sounds odd to say the least.

I tried a loading up a few things covering most bases (4xPAL, 5xPAL, 6xPAL, 5xNTSC) and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. So if you find any pattern in what seems to have changed I'm all ears.

Dont worry it was just me being a plank sorry
StalkS

Unread post by StalkS »

OK - I maybe opening a can of worms up here - & I appreciate it is not directly related to MiSTer but.....

The MegaAGS releases are so damn good (huge thank you to @Optiroc & @Iimi) & TerribleFire Accelerators are now available for A500's, A600's & CDTV's (I have one in my CDTV and it is awesome) Would it be possible to run a 'light version' of MegaAGS on these systems with the ability to Filter out AGA Games/Demos? I believe there would be an issue with the resolution of screenshots, but is there a more fundamental reason I may be missing as to why this would not be possible - I appreciate that the time and effort to do this may be huge & would gladly offer to assist if I am able?
fierman

Unread post by fierman »

Saving to hdd sometimes does not work, savegames are not always being kept - I do use the del key to exit game after saving and I do have the saves HDD image mounted. (Chaos strikes back for instance)
Nemesis2k

Unread post by Nemesis2k »

Innocent until caught is 60hz when it should be 50hz. The music plays too fast and the text bubbles go past so quick you dont have time to read them. When forcing pal, you can’t get even scanlines.
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

StalkS wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:26 pm The MegaAGS releases are so damn good (huge thank you to @Optiroc & @Iimi) & TerribleFire Accelerators are now available for A500's, A600's & CDTV's (I have one in my CDTV and it is awesome) Would it be possible to run a 'light version' of MegaAGS on these systems with the ability to Filter out AGA Games/Demos?
Doable, but I believe we’d have to create a separate launcher with a separate set of screenshots — not super high priority for us currently, but something that could be considered for a future release.

And just as a data point, does MegaAGS run on the CDTV outside of (obviously) not being able to run the AGA games?
limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Nemesis2k wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:52 pm Innocent until caught is 60hz when it should be 50hz. The music plays too fast and the text bubbles go past so quick you dont have time to read them. When forcing pal, you can’t get even scanlines.
Thanks! Updated for the next release, will be shown as 5×PAL instead. This was an innocent mistake until we caught it. 😜