Amiga Inspired Tank Wireless Mouse

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
CeeDeeVee

Amiga Inspired Tank Wireless Mouse

Unread post by CeeDeeVee »

I guess this post belongs here as it's Amiga themed and not 'official' hardware. This looks perfect for my MiSTer needs and I just thought that some fellow Amiga fans on MiSTer might be interested in this too.

These days I'm super cautious of kickstarter type campaigns, but this looks to be fairly straightforward and genuine (with the obvious risks of current electronic component supply issues and an absolutely tragic WAR on the designers neighboring country!).

I'm not associated with the creator of this and don't know them, but I have just backed the project. I've been looking for a retro, yet modern mouse to use on my MiSTer setup and this fits the bill nicely, also supporting any friends in Poland, which is going to have their own difficult time ahead, seemed right. I know full well that there is always the chance of not getting anything at the end of these kickstarter campaigns, even if they are successful and take my money, at this price however, I'm happy to take that risk and support. If the campaign gets over 150%, he pledges to bundle a 9pin wireless adapter to use on original hardware / MiSTer add-on boards / Vampire etc.:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lu ... miga-mouse
Yorkshire fella, living in California, where no one understands a word I say unless it's a quote from Game of Thrones.
I do music, code and burn myself with soldering irons. Part dog, part wolf, all coffee addict.
CeeDeeVee

Re: Amiga Inspired Tank Wireless Mouse

This should probably be moved to 'Input Devices' forum shouldn't it? :oops:
Yorkshire fella, living in California, where no one understands a word I say unless it's a quote from Game of Thrones.
I do music, code and burn myself with soldering irons. Part dog, part wolf, all coffee addict.
bbond007
Top Contributor

Unread post by bbond007 »

I might order one too... thanks!
It would look more appropriate than my current mouse, but I wonder if the lack of mouse wheel will bother me...

Amiga 1200 MiSTer 1001.JPG
Amiga 1200 MiSTer 1001.JPG (229.3 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
CeeDeeVee

Oh, nice setup! It actually has a capacitive touch scroll 'wheel'. Looks to use proper clicky micro-switches too which I really like.

amiga mouse.png
amiga mouse.png (158.12 KiB) Viewed 1165 times

And yeah, it would look great and complete the look on your setup, I'm assuming that's a mistress type (DE10 inside a 1200 case)?

amiga mouse 2.png
amiga mouse 2.png (197.66 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
jalbarracin

Re: Amiga-tank inspired wireless mouse

Unread post by jalbarracin »

backing! thanks
ericgus09

Re: Amiga-tank inspired wireless mouse

Unread post by ericgus09 »

Interesting but ill wait till I can get this retail .. did my time with KS .. but good luck and hope they hit their goal.
CeeDeeVee

for anyone interested I saw on KickTrend that the project is 91%, and appears to be trending towards smashing through the stretch goal, which is good news as I'm very keen to get that bundled wireless DB9 adapter:
https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/lukas ... iga-mouse/
bbond007
Top Contributor

Unread post by bbond007 »

CeeDeeVee wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:37 am And yeah, it would look great and complete the look on your setup, I'm assuming that's a mistress type (DE10 inside a 1200 case)?
No, MiSTress did not exist back when I built this A1200 which was late 2018 or early 2019...

viewtopic.php?p=45952#p45952
CeeDeeVee

bbond007 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:29 pm
CeeDeeVee wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:37 am And yeah, it would look great and complete the look on your setup, I'm assuming that's a mistress type (DE10 inside a 1200 case)?
No, MiSTress did not exist back when I built this A1200 which was late 2018 or early 2019...

viewtopic.php?p=45952#p45952
That is a thing of beauty!
triangle

Unread post by triangle »

Backed this immediately. I'm actually more nostalgic of that mouse due to a C64 + GEOS, but I'm ready to go back.
CeeDeeVee

Well they've passed the funding goal and still have plenty of time to hit the stretch goal!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lu ... miga-mouse
rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

One worry I have is the DPI - 1600! In that era, 300 dpi was pretty standard. Unless your emulator du jour has the ability to scale, this thing is going to end up being an uncontrollable twitchfest. :/
CeeDeeVee

rhester72 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:14 am One worry I have is the DPI - 1600! In that era, 300 dpi was pretty standard. Unless your emulator du jour has the ability to scale, this thing is going to end up being an uncontrollable twitchfest. :/
This question was repeated on the kickstarter project forum (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lu ... e/comments) and got the following replies:
Iljitsch van Beijnum
1 day ago
Yes, this can be a problem with today's sensitive mice. I'm now using the mouSTer USB-DB9 adapter, which has a setting to scale the input from the USB mouse to something that works better for the Amiga. Search for "mouster review" to learn more.

But a way to adjust the sensitivity on the tank mouse would be even better, or perhaps having a different setting for bluetooth (for modern systems) and the wireless adapter (for old systems).
Lukas RemisCreator
1 day ago
I had no problems with DPI scaling. It's being handled by the USB-to-DB9 adapters. And as Iljitsch mentioned MouSTer even allows to edit this parameter.
CeeDeeVee

So this project has now passed the 150% stretch goal, meaning that it will also come with the wireless DB9 adaptor!: