Prob a newb question from a non-newb - F9

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
RascalUK

Prob a newb question from a non-newb - F9

Unread post by RascalUK »

I think I might be losing my mind here. In the past I have got to Linux with F9, I am sure I have, but now F9 does nothing whatsover? What am I doing wrong? Do I need to have something enabled I may have turned off in some ini or other over the past two years?
Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: Prob a newb question from a non-newb - F9

Unread post by Xbytez »

Just checked on my setup, I can still access the Linux terminal running the latest update by pressing F9, however I know pressing F9 only works from the Main Menu core, I can then press F12 to go back to the main menu.

Are you using just a CRT? Maybe post your MiSter.ini to see if any obvious issue can be spotted, or try with a stock standard .ini and see if the behaviour changes.
RascalUK

Yeah just on a CRT but I'll check via HDMI in the morning. Wonder if it's to do with fb_terminal=0 - will have a play around.
RascalUK

Sorted. Switched fb_terminal=1 and it works via HDMI now.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

Is anyone else having any trouble exiting F9 mode? I've tried every key I can think of, including F9 again, F12, alt-F12, control-F12, and so on, and nothing seems to work. The only way I've been able to get back to the regular Mister menu has been by either cycling power or using the Linux reboot command.