GunCon2 with VGA-Composite-SVHS Adapter?

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Electron Junkie

GunCon2 with VGA-Composite-SVHS Adapter?

Unread post by Electron Junkie »

I'm still fairly new to the MiSTer scene and was curious if the GunCon2 WiP works with Antonio's adapter.

https://www.antoniovillena.es/store/pro ... o-adapter/

Or should I be looking at a different/better way to get video to old CRT TV? (I already have the I/O board)
Electron Junkie

Re: GunCon2 with VGA-Composite-SVHS Adapter?

After digging through Lu's Retro Source Youtube I found that this will indeed work!

A### C########
1 month ago (edited)
Can I ask what sort of cable you are using? I've currently only got a VGA to SCART one. Looking at what I need for composite output.

Lu's Retro Source
1 month ago
I'm using a VGA to composite video adapter from Antonio Villena. I created a video on it here https://youtu.be/lnXKFwwIh58
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

GunCon itself might work but the composite video's quality is questionable (S-Video is supposed to be ok). Check this thread: viewtopic.php?t=4302
Electron Junkie

Finally manged to get this all put together and configured.
S-VHS looks damn impressive on a good old consumer grade CRT TV! Only issue I ran into, which took forever for me to figure out, was that the GunCon's calibration signal was jumping all over the place. Turned out that even though the GunCon's USB cable looked like new, the connection was loose/weak at the base of the pistol grip and was adversely effecting the sensor (strangely d-pad and buttons worked fine), A little tweaking and it's working perfectly!