PlayStation Cheats

Atfnet

PlayStation Cheats

Unread post by Atfnet »

Hi, looks like the full set of cheats is available here https://gamehacking.org/mister/ just download the latest psx one and Unzip it to /media/fat/chear/PSX

Also looks like the update script is ready to automatically download it once its public just needs an extra cheat mapping

Code: Select all

CHEAT_MAPPINGS="fds:NES gb:GameBoy gbc:GameBoy gen:Genesis gg:SMS nes:NES pce:TGFX16 sms:SMS snes:SNES gba:GBA"
Thanks

Andy
Peter-FPGA

Re: PlayStation Cheats

Unread post by Peter-FPGA »

thanks
Peter.
Captain FPGA

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

Cool thnx

Overall, it works although some cheats are hit or miss. For instance, when you activate both hidden characters in Twisted Metal 2 it will unlock Sweettooth but not Minion. I wonder if this is an issue with the cheat itself or MiSTer specific issue
Dreams don't die!
djsquare

Unread post by djsquare »

Captain FPGA wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:06 pm Cool thnx

Overall, it works although some cheats are hit or miss. For instance, when you activate both hidden characters in Twisted Metal 2 it will unlock Sweettooth but not Minion. I wonder if this is an issue with the cheat itself or MiSTer specific issue
L1 up down left on the character screen

I still remember that one from 8th grade
Captain FPGA

djsquare wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:11 am
Captain FPGA wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:06 pm Cool thnx

L1 up down left on the character screen

I still remember that one from 8th grade
With respect, that misses the point of embedded cheats lol. We're in the new age we're getting too old to be doing contra codes and Sonic 2 stage select. One of the benefits to this cheat package is to have them ready to go and save what you choose. In the true spirit of cheating 😎

I knew the code but thank you.
Dreams don't die!
djsquare

Unread post by djsquare »

oh I know what you mean. It's just one of the few cheats I remember and I thought "THIS IS THE MOMENT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!". Anyway, I remember some Gameshark codes being finicky too
Captain FPGA

djsquare wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:12 pm oh I know what you mean. It's just one of the few cheats I remember and I thought "THIS IS THE MOMENT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!". Anyway, I remember some Gameshark codes being finicky too
Ahh I see. How well remember I recall the action replay/gameshark version of those secret character codes. They would glitch everytime I put them in. The cars would start and some objects clipped like crazy! Telling me these game enhancers or the PS1 could barely handle codes like this.

What would be really cool is if someone could source a hex edited version of TM2 with Sweettooth and Minion already unlocked. At the very least a guide on how to do it. When I found out how to hex edit Mega Drive codes into the md roms it was breeze. I hex edited Magneto into my own gamerip of X-Men 2: Clone Wars from start. Likewise I Hex edited to remove the region lockout on Golden Axe 3, Sailor Moon, and Bare Knux 3!

Now I'm running those versions on Kega Fusion, Mega Everdrive (old), Mega SD, AND the MiSTer FPGA. I'd like to do the same for my Playstation PSIO and the MiSTer for some PS1 games. Meantime this cheats method would hold me if a new cheats bundle comes out with an updated version of the Minion code.
Dreams don't die!