Core Request: IBM PS/1

sharklodon

Core Request: IBM PS/1

Unread post by sharklodon »

Hi team,

It could be nice to have a IBM PS/1 (286 or 386SX) booting from their romsets.

Nowadays we have a IBMulator but it would be great to implement this core, right?

https://github.com/barotto/IBMulator

Or

https://barotto.github.io/IBMulator/

07-realistic-mode.png
07-realistic-mode.png (391.54 KiB) Viewed 1266 times

Thanks and best regards,

Shark
douglasamcintosh

Re: Core Request: IBM PS/1

Unread post by douglasamcintosh »

I don't know what this is but it looks glorious!
kathleen
Top Contributor

Unread post by kathleen »

@sharklodon,
Thank you for reminding that there is an IBM PS/1 emulator under Windows. I remember having tried to use it there a while ago but w/o great success. It seems that now the emulator has reached a pretty good level. Cannot wait to try it.

I'd also like to see it on the Mister, I've been dreaming since a while of having a XT-8088 to an AT 80386 core(s). And of course including this IBM PS/1 series.
I worked on this computer back in the days at an insurance office, it was not the best computer on which I worked but it had something special, unique and it was an IBM :-)

かすりん

ericgus09

Unread post by ericgus09 »

kathleen wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:36 am
I worked on this computer back in the days at an insurance office, it was not the best computer on which I worked but it had something special, unique and it was an IBM :-)
I was selling computers in a mom and pop store and we got in the PS/1 to sell.. the repair shop guy and I set it up on display in the main part of the store, powered it on, and within 30? seconds we hear BANG BANG BANG THUD-THUD-THUD .. the hard drive self destructed .. we looked at each other, laughed, and put it back in the box, and back into his shop (he later contacted the IBM sales rep .. that was an awkward conversation) .. but in the end out of all that, they did gift all of us with a free life time sub to the PRODIGY network which was a plus ..

In all the years I sold computers, I never had one commit seppuku so fast, so quick and so violently right out of the box.. my memories of the PS/1 are likely exceptionally different than yours.. lol..