Horizontal scan artifacts with some (not all) arcade cores using MiSTerCADE in TMNT JAMMA cabinet

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
o07eleven

Horizontal scan artifacts with some (not all) arcade cores using MiSTerCADE in TMNT JAMMA cabinet

Unread post by o07eleven »

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's some idea of the issue I'm seeing below from two games as an example, but there are more showing similar issues. This is something that is not consistent across cores, nor is the issue consistent within the same game.

Basically, if you look there are horizontal scan artifacts that originate from some pixel and will give a streaking effect.

This is something that's seemingly random on cores. Some (like U.N. Squadron or other CPS cores) won't show any signs for long periods, or won't show it one time. But go over the same area and they show up. Some cores have zero issues at all. Some will have a sort of minor wavyness to the image but won't show this.

My TMNT cabinet I'm running this in doesn't show these issues when playing TMNT off the original PCB.

This is all from a fresh image/install to get the MiSTerCADE up and running, so has all fresh files and updates. Also, running a pre-built MiSTerAddons build for DE-10, RAM module + MiSTerCADE.

Thanks for any help to try and troubleshoot this.
Attachments
3411345.mp4
(7.69 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
5562223.mp4
(9.5 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
callanabrown

Re: Horizontal scan artifacts with some (not all) arcade cores using MiSTerCADE in TMNT JAMMA cabinet

Unread post by callanabrown »

This looks like a DAC issue from the MiSTerCADE to me. I'd talk to them about it.
o07eleven

Re: Horizontal scan artifacts with some (not all) arcade cores using MiSTerCADE in TMNT JAMMA cabinet

Unread post by o07eleven »

I might give another shot at an SD card compile as well. Your mention of the DAC gave me the idea of plugging in the HDMI to see if the digital video was showing the same artifacts (would then make the issue core/de-10 related) but now I can't get HDMI out of the DE-10. I removed the MiSTercade, put in my old SD card that was formatted when it was standalone, had the DE-10 by itself and I was getting no issues on the digital out. I need to dig out my analog I/O board and test that as well, because I guess it could still be a core issue on the DAC?
AXELXu7

Unread post by AXELXu7 »

I get the same problems with mine.

Are you by chance using a Supergun? I notice it a lot on certain patterns of grey. Like the Pluge Test in 240p test suite