ESP Ra. De. Public Core

Alarm

ESP Ra. De. Public Core

Unread post by Alarm »

Not only is nullobject back working on the Cave core, he has just released ESP Ra. De.

Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: ESP Ra. De. Public Core Released

Unread post by Xbytez »

Awesome!! I can not wait to give this a try later today.
alcoer

Re: ESP Ra. De. Public Core

Unread post by alcoer »

Seems to work well, though I'm not an expert by any means. Played through it just now and as with all Caves shmups it's sheer spectacle right the way through, but you can tell it's mechanically deep.
moonscience

Unread post by moonscience »

Seems to play well. A couple slow downs spotted, but a lot of cave's boards slow down in in particular parts. Will be interesting to hear from the super-players what they think.
Hodor

Unread post by Hodor »

moonscience wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:43 am Seems to play well. A couple slow downs spotted, but a lot of cave's boards slow down in in particular parts. Will be interesting to hear from the super-players what they think.
Slowdowns are present in emulators too so it´s likely an issue of the original hardware.
AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

I just got it, thanks, looking forward to more Cave goodness!
TheLastMember

Unread post by TheLastMember »

Sprite scaling is fixed and it's playing tighter. I put alot of time on the beta, so I'm definitely excited about this.
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

Hodor wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:04 am
moonscience wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:43 am Seems to play well. A couple slow downs spotted, but a lot of cave's boards slow down in in particular parts. Will be interesting to hear from the super-players what they think.
Slowdowns are present in emulators too so it´s likely an issue of the original hardware.
If you ask me it's unoptimized code in the game it self and not the Original Hardware.
I see similar slow downs on other arcade boards
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
alcoer

Unread post by alcoer »

darksakul wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:51 amIf you ask me it's unoptimized code in the game it self and not the Original Hardware.
"Unoptimised" is an odd way of putting it. The developers knew exactly how capable the hardware was - the slowdown in these games is intentional.
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

alcoer wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:35 am
darksakul wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:51 amIf you ask me it's unoptimized code in the game it self and not the Original Hardware.
"Unoptimised" is an odd way of putting it. The developers knew exactly how capable the hardware was - the slowdown in these games is intentional.
Well nether of us know the devs actual intensions and thoughts. I nether of us understood what constraints or time deadlines they devs were on and unless we got a inside perspective we may never know.
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
Hodor

Unread post by Hodor »

darksakul wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:51 am
Hodor wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:04 am
If you ask me it's unoptimized code in the game it self and not the Original Hardware.
Yes, it´s exactly what I meant. Maybe I was expressing it wrong.
pac

Unread post by pac »

Is it just me btw, the Downloader not loading the esprade.zip to /media/fat/games/mame?
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Downloader is an offical script so wont engage in downloading roms.
pac

Unread post by pac »

Well, update_all (same author) did. But I just realized that it was using the mame getter scripts (https://github.com/atrac17/MiSTer_MAME_SCRIPTS) for that task, so thanks for the hint!
Chosen_S

Unread post by Chosen_S »

Support this Dev! I do on patreon, his work is so awesome.

The slowdown in cave shmups and other shmups is programmed in, its there to help the player to navigate the bullet hell.

@nullobject knows the ins and outs of these cave boards better than most, he will get the core timing correct, it just takes a while

@nullobject, thank you so much for your hard work
neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

BTW Dangun Feveron and Guwange still work although stated different by @nullobject
jitu757

Unread post by jitu757 »

Awesome!!! thank you so much!
splintercell70

Unread post by splintercell70 »

I just now ran the update_all script and the game is not showing up. Can someone please advise what I need to do? I'm pretty sure my update_all script is working fine because the newly released Jotego Golden Axe downloaded and is showing up and playing fine. I have everything all of the MAME options in the update all script enabled.

Thanks!