Save autofire settings for button/core?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
ArsInvictus

Save autofire settings for button/core?

Unread post by ArsInvictus »

I've been thinking about putting a dedicated cabinet together for Truxton based on the new Toaplan V1 core and I would like to add a third button for autofire to the control panel.

I know I'll be able to assign a secondary button to Shoot and using the menu button combo set it to autofire, but it seems like this is a setting that can't be configured to load with the core automatically. It would be a hassle to do that every time I boot up the cab and people other than myself wouldn't know how to use the button combination.

Is there any way this can be done using the Mister software? It looks like there have been some hardware based solutions like the JNX Spitfire JAMMA adapter that I could use alongside the Mistercade but it would be nice not to have to do anything extra in hardware.
Ganondork

Re: Save autofire settings for button/core?

Unread post by Ganondork »

I fully support that wish, as most dedicated shmup-enthusiasts will. It‘s what you do to all cores not offering autofire to begin with.
PikWik

Re: Save autofire settings for button/core?

Unread post by PikWik »

yes, i would also like this feature, and was asking the same thing a little bit ago on discord

as is, its a very cool feature to have built in, and im happy to have it for the SHMUPs without autofire built into the game

i understand purists would disapprove of using autofire for games that didnt have it originally,
but it makes these single shot games like truxton much more enjoyable

------------------

something like a sub menu for the core, showing the cores mapped buttons for the controller thats plugged in with an ON/OFF switch for each button. and the speed of the auto fire at the top