MT32-PI zero 2w with Yavimaya Pi-hat Display issue

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
bbqlovers

MT32-PI zero 2w with Yavimaya Pi-hat Display issue

Unread post by bbqlovers »

Having an issue using MT32-PI zero 2w with Yavimaya Pi-hat, specifically with the LCD drawing incorrectly after an unknown event/time. Essentially, the text that is being displayed will start out perfectly fine on boot but after this event, the text is being drawn incorrectly and continues until the mt32-pi is power-cycled (example in attachment). The text looks to be all there, but it is being drawn incorrectly on the display (wrapped). I am consistently able to get this to trip while specifically loading up "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego Deluxe Edition" via the AO486 Top 300 Dos Pack (but it happens with just about everything tested eventually). I am curious if anybody has run into this condition before? I have normalized the clock rate (vs overclocking Pi Zero2w) and have been attempting to step down the i2c_baud_rate but that has made no change either. Has anybody run into this before? (FYI I have NOT tested with another USB cable to test at this point). Thanks in advance and sorry if I missed another thread regarding this exact issue.

pihat-LCD.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
breiztiger
Top Contributor

Re: MT32-PI zero 2w with Yavimaya Pi-hat Display issue

Unread post by breiztiger »

i have got the same issue with a too long usb cable
CPC-Power Staff
bbqlovers

Roger that! Will attempt a different cable to see if this condition follows. I will update this thread after testing. And for the record, I currently am rocking the "DTECH 0.25m USB 3.0 black A-A" 15cm, which is not tested on the official list, though the 25cm version is and it is passing.
legacypixels

Unread post by legacypixels »

Display corruption is almost always a cable problem
US based seller of MiSTer addon boards. Visit https://www.legacypixels.com/mister
bbqlovers

Just wanted to followup. After USB cable replacement, this issue is now clear. Thanks for the help all.