Andy Sinden Aiming to get his Lightgun Working on MiSTer

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Xbytez
Site Admin

Andy Sinden Aiming to get his Lightgun Working on MiSTer

Unread post by Xbytez »

Andy Sinden the creator of the Sinden Lightgun, has posted some interesting news in his latest April update over on Indiegogo.

The 2nd cool thing is that I've finally got a MiSTer FPGA ordered which is due to come in the next few weeks. I'm hoping that I can get the Sinden Lightgun working directly on the device without needing a Pi in between like with the PS1/PS2 mods. It has quite a good library of lightgun games that will work, especially with the recent PS1 improvements. Like everything else there is a bit of a shortage at the moment of the main FPGA board, if you do want to get one in the future I recommend ordering direct from the manufacturer in Taiwan rather than paying inflated ebay prices.
Source:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... pdates/all

Sinden Lightgun.jpg
Sinden Lightgun.jpg (23.39 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
PistolsAtDawn

Re: Andy Sinden Aiming to get his Lightgun Working on MiSTer

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

I'm really excited for this! I haven't actually used mine much, but I know I'll use it more if it's working on MiSTer.
hyp36rmax

Unread post by hyp36rmax »

I'm totally in for this. Same as above, mine have been in storage. Too lazy to setup.
Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

Yeah... I have gotten mine working with my laptop, so it should be pretty easy to setup I think. Although then you still have to find the right emulator, the software and such. Sure would be easier with the MiSTer.

But using a Arduino and a Pi 4, it should be possible to get the Sinden Lightgun working with a real PS1, and given how the MiSTer works, I think this should work with the MiSTer PS1 core as well although it might need those native controller support adapters:
https://sindenlightgun.miraheze.org/wik ... etup_Guide
Armas

Unread post by Armas »

I haven't really used my Sinden lightgun much because (1) it takes too much time to have it properly configured and (2) it needs optimal lighting conditions in the room. Let's hope that MiSTer will solve the first issue.
WILL1384

Unread post by WILL1384 »

I have both the Aimtrak and Gun4IR light guns and a Sinden Lightgun on order, I would like to have at least one of them working on the MiSTer FPGA.
XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

Was there ever an update to this?
KnightNZ

Unread post by KnightNZ »

XtraSmiley wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:30 am Was there ever an update to this?
Nope. If this is going to get done, it'll most likely need to be done by someone other than Andy.

fwiw - Batocera 35 now has Sinden support and it mostly works really well, much better than stuffing about with the PC software or the hodge-podge Raspberry Pi install.