GunCon 2 Calibration

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Jegriva

GunCon 2 Calibration

Unread post by Jegriva »

Hello,

Playing with my CRT, RGB Scart to the Scart port of my tv and the yellow thingy of the GunCon 2 inserted into the yellow composite port of the TV. The GunCon works, but the sensitivity seems to be way off. I can hardly keep the red dot of the aim in the TV. Is there any particular setting in the INI file to check?
lordoftime79

Re: GunCon 2 Calibration

Unread post by lordoftime79 »

I am having the same problem - i am using a scart breakout adapter and the yellow cable is connected there.
Higgy

Unread post by Higgy »

I need to spend some more time testing this with both connected to the TV Composite phono and to a phono soldered to the back of MiSTer VGA-SCART lead.
I have had it playing well, but I have also seen the 'red dot' an inch or so away from where I was shooting.
I was rushing and did not write down what I was doing.
I will stick to Time Crisis rather than a GunCon converted/patched game.
RascalUK

Unread post by RascalUK »

Slightly different issue. I'm trying to calibrate and pressing F10 does absolutely nothing, do I need to do anything first to get F10 to work?
lomdar67

Unread post by lomdar67 »

Jegriva wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:31 pm Hello,

Playing with my CRT, RGB Scart to the Scart port of my tv and the yellow thingy of the GunCon 2 inserted into the yellow composite port of the TV. The GunCon works, but the sensitivity seems to be way off. I can hardly keep the red dot of the aim in the TV. Is there any particular setting in the INI file to check?
I‘m using direct video with a HDMI to VGA adapter and a self made VGA to RGB Scart cable. No problem with a GunCon 2 with this setup. It‘s a while ago I build the cable, but as far as I remember, you need a resistor in the Scart connector on exactly the pin that you use for the lightgun connection. Maybe that resistor is missing and that is causing your problem?
We raise hopes here...until they're old enough to fend for themselves.
--Mike Callahan