New To Jotego, Can’t Load ROMs

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Mothlight

New To Jotego, Can’t Load ROMs

Unread post by Mothlight »

Hi, all.

I recently came down with COVID-19 which has given me a “nice” little hunk of time with which to poke at my MiSTer, whereas I usually put what little free time I have toward more simplistic plug-and-play platforms because I’m not particularly tech-savvy. Surprise, MiSTer is super plug-and-play!

However, I discovered the Jotego cores and am determined to play some Puzzle Fighter and SSFII Turbo before I’m dragged back to work. I have the correct ROMs, and it tries to launch them but I’m just getting black screens. I’m sure it’s me doing something wrong because I don’t know what I’m doing and am just following instructions. I have all of the Jotego MRA files sitting in the main _Arcade folder, the representative cores in a cores folder inside _Arcade and then the rom sets unzipped in a mame folder, also under _Arcade.

So what have I misplaced or what am I doing wrong?
AngelicLiver

Re: New To Jotego, Can’t Load ROMs

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

Please consider using the update_all script, it will set this up for you automatically.

There's a good introduction video to the script here.
CRTified

Unread post by CRTified »

Mothlight wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:55 pm Hi, all.

I recently came down with COVID-19 which has given me a “nice” little hunk of time with which to poke at my MiSTer, whereas I usually put what little free time I have toward more simplistic plug-and-play platforms because I’m not particularly tech-savvy. Surprise, MiSTer is super plug-and-play!

However, I discovered the Jotego cores and am determined to play some Puzzle Fighter and SSFII Turbo before I’m dragged back to work. I have the correct ROMs, and it tries to launch them but I’m just getting black screens. I’m sure it’s me doing something wrong because I don’t know what I’m doing and am just following instructions. I have all of the Jotego MRA files sitting in the main _Arcade folder, the representative cores in a cores folder inside _Arcade and then the rom sets unzipped in a mame folder, also under _Arcade.

So what have I misplaced or what am I doing wrong?
1. Don't unzip the ROM sets. Just put the zips on your Mister's MicroSD card.

2. Ensure those zips are in the correct folder. My understanding is that those should be in your MicroSD card's /games/mame

However, as others have noted, the update_all script should basically just set all this up for you, without the need to resort to the above manual stuffarounds.
Mothlight

Unread post by Mothlight »

Thank you for the replies. I’ll be receiving my WiFi dongle sometime this week so I’ll give the script a go.