Any way to assign player number?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Vilhelm

Any way to assign player number?

Unread post by Vilhelm »

I have been unable to find an answer for this through searching the forum, but I suspect that it is not possible from a single thread regarding Rampage.

Is there a way to assign the player number outside of plugging in multiple controllers? I want to play some single player Gauntlet for the arcade, but would love to choose my character. I know that Gauntlet 2 lets you as it's built into the game. However I would love to play some of the first Gauntlet as that has some great memories from when I was growing up. It is a hassle plugging in four controllers just for that reason, though I can do that if needed.

By no means is this a knock against this awesome piece of tech and all of the hard work from everyone that has contributed towards it. This thing is my favorite way to play these games hands down!
zakk4223

Re: Any way to assign player number?

Unread post by zakk4223 »

Unless the specific core implements changable player assignments internally, there is no way to do this
neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

The number of player is set by the order you plug them in. Games that have fixed characters for 1-3 players often have dip settings to change that into 1 player or 2 player cab which then lets you choose the character.
Vilhelm

Unread post by Vilhelm »

Just to document the answer to my own question, I had missed that the alternate directory existed and had alternate rom versions. For Gauntlet the 2player version is there.