ED Error linked to bios files not where games are (USB SSD)

LXZ

ED Error linked to bios files not where games are (USB SSD)

Unread post by LXZ »

EDIT:
And just after posting, I found the error. I put the games on the USB attached external SSD but the bios on the MiSTer SD card. This caused the problem. Putting the bios into the folder on the SSD fixed it. Now it starts. No sound yet, so I need to figure this out next but progress. Will edit the topic subject line, so that people who only read headlines don't think the Ironclad is causing errors. However, I think leaving this topic here makes sense if anyone else is using a USB attached SSD and reproduces my mistake

Hey guys,

for the life of me, I can't get the PSX core to run. I always get the ED error, so either wrong bios or incorrect memory module.

As for the bios, I tried pretty much every bios version (SCPH-1001, 5000, 5501, 7001, etc) I could find from multiple sources all around the web. No luck.

I saw another post of someone getting the ED error ( viewtopic.php?t=4609 ) and they had the memory inserted incorrectly. However, this can't be in my case as I am playing Neo Geo games that need the RAM module just fine. The only thing about my setup that *might* be uncommon is that I sue the first edition of the MiSTer Ireonclad ITX board. So I am wondering if there might be some sort of weird incompatibility going on and I figured the easiest way to find out is to ask around here if anyone else is using the (first edition of the) Ironclad ITX and got the PSX core to run.

Thanks for your feedback!

EDIT:
And just after posting, I found the error. I put the games on the USB attached external SSD but the bios on the MiSTer SD card. This caused the problem. Putting the bios into the folder on the SSD fixed it. Now it starts. No sound yet, so I need to figure this out next but progress. Will edit the topic subject line, so that people who only read headlines don't think the Ironclad is causing errors. However, I think leaving this topic here makes sense if anyone else is using a USB attached SSD and reproduces my mistake
NML32

Re: ED Error linked to bios files not where games are (USB SSD)

Unread post by NML32 »

The PSX core boots with my Ironclad ITX MiSTer.

I sent you a PM.
MostroW

Re: ED Error linked to Ironclad ITX?

Unread post by MostroW »

I've just played Soul Reaver for a little over an hour on my MiSTer and haven't had any issues, using a first batch ironclad.
ncwalz

Unread post by ncwalz »

I've forgotten to add the core bios to the relevant games folder on the USB SSD several times over the last year as new cores are released. I never seem to learn....
LXZ

Re: ED Error linked to Ironclad ITX?

Unread post by LXZ »

MostroW wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:13 am I've just played Soul Reaver for a little over an hour on my MiSTer and haven't had any issues, using a first batch ironclad.
Do you get sound?
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

Yes, sound fully works.